Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

Default Just had a party and now mom is sick???

We had our 4th of July party and now my mom had v*. She prepared most of the food, and I ate a lot plus I was in the kitchen for a while preparing food too. Please help me figure out if and how not to get sick. Please oh my god I'm freaking out. I just went downstairs and was about 5 feet away while I talked to her for a minute about why she was up at 5 am and why she was downstairs instead of with my dad.

Default Re: Just had a party and now mom is sick???

She also gave me the speech about how she wasn't feeling great and I should be compassionate and wouldn't tell me where she was sick, also I just had a sleepover with 2 of my friends and we slept in the same bed, can I get it from one of them? I have a volunteer thing at a puppy class in 2 hours is this safe, help!!!

Maybe your mum ate too much party food and drank too much alcohol, she might be a little bit hungover? As for sharing a bed with your friends, neither of them are sick so you can't catch anything from them. I would go to your puppy class and try to relax, chances are your mum partied a little too hard!

Yeah your mom has a million reasons why she could of V. Maybe from the stress and heat alone!? Who knows but I think you will be okay!
    If you try and tell me a phobia is unreal. I dare you to live a day, and feel what I have to feel.

- michelle

Check out my daily blog
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    for stories, poems, and all sorts of stuff related to my emetophobia.

She says she thinks it was food poisoning but now I'm worried because we ate almost the same things... Also I really need to use the bathroom but she won't tell me which ones are safe. We have 3 and all of them have valid reasons for being the dirty one(s)

Why won't your mum tell u which bathroom she v* in? Does she know about your phobia?

Grab some lysol and spray down the bathroom you wanna use. Or if you don't have any, just put toilet paper on the toilet seat. I hope everything's ok!
    Do not fear: I am with you; do not be anxious: I am your God.
    I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my victorious right hand.

-Isaiah 41:10

She knows about the phobia but thinks I am overreacting. She's the type of person that doesn't understand and thinks that by making me face my fear I'll just get over it...

I'm having some mild stomach pain and nausea but that is probably due to the two slices of apple pie and ice cream that I had a couple of hours go for breakfast. I also had a few donut holes. Now my stomach is gurgly and I taste weird stuff when I swallow?
    Last edited by Koizumiii; 07-05-2014 at 03:49 PM. Reason: Forgot details

How are you now?
    My mother is like yours. She also thinks if I throw up, I'll be cured! No way. But nob emetophobics just can't understand it. It's how it is.
    "Worrying is a waste of time. It doesn't change anything, it just messes with your mind and steals your happines."

So far I've been fine... I am feeling a little weird now with bubbly stomach and some brief pain and what I think is nausea but I just took a tums and sat up instead of lying down so maybe I'm okay...