Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Stop incubation period?

Hi all

New to the forum as a poster, though have found when I am really anxious reading the forum really helps me, so thank you for that.

I think I have been exposed to SV. I am actually pretty calm, but I can feel the anxiety building up. My question is this - (and google has failed me) can I do anything to stop the incubation period, herbal or otherwise to prevent the potential exposure to the virus turning into actual symptoms?

Where this is coming from: I had my friend over last night who has kids. We ate dinner before they arrived, and no-one was ill while they were over; until this morning at breakfast my friend was nauseous and has since told me she thinks she has SV. So - now while the logical part of me is thinking I am fine as we went separate ways after breakfast and I am an avid hand-washer... her kids could have been contagious during their visit, hence she has now got it and I may be incubating it..

Any ideas??

Default Re: Stop incubation period?

There is not much you can do to stop the icubation period, BUT, your friend was not v*ingnyet so she was not really contagious yet, so you are fine, especially if you are washing hands.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

were her kids sick in the days prior to your house? the best thing you can do is just wash your hands and clean the house (lysol door knobs, remote to tv if they touched it, etc). she may be sick, who knows. but as adam said, she wasn't sick IN your house so unless she cleaned up after her kids and then failed to wash her hands, I do no think you were exposed.

There isn't anything that has been proven to stop the symptoms after real infection with the virus. There are a lot of "alternative medicine" beliefs out there, people will tell you to drink grape juice, oil of oregano, grape seed oil, etc.. none have been proven to work, and in most cases where it "worked" most likely the people weren't even infected in the first place. So while these "remedies" are pretty harmless to your health, they will hurt your wallet a bit. Things that have been proven to help reduce the severity and length of symptoms are good probiotics. They won't prevent illness, but they might make it shorter and more tolerable. Cranberry juice "might" work as a few studies have shown that the same mechanism that prevents adhesion of bacteria to the urinary tract might work in the intestines as well. But I wouldn't count on it being very effective, maybe like probiotics it could reduce symptoms a bit but not avoid it completely.