Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Super paranoid right now!! Help!!

Today I was at the hospital visiting my grandfather and my friends mom came out to the icu waiting room (he's there because the hospital is filled!) and told me that my friend is in there for a what she thinks is a stomach bug. She asked me if I wanted to go back and see him for a couple minutes and I did, regretting it the whole walk back. I was only back there for five minutes tops. Now I'm paranoid that I'm going to catch what he has. I stood at the foot of his bed and talked to him, no way I was getting too close. I'm just praying I don't want to get it because it's so bad he can't keep anything down. My mom and grandma told me I won't but I still can't get the thought of getting it out of my head and I keep feeling nauseous!! I'm so scared!!!

Default Re: Super paranoid right now!! Help!!

If he didn't V when you were near, there's no way you couldve caught it, unless ofc you touched something and put your fingers in your mouth? Don't worry, you'll be fine.
    Jon Miazma Watsky forever <3

He didn't, I could tell he was about to so I left, I literally ran out of the room, lol. I didn't touch anything!! Thanks for the reassurance!!

Well you are safe then! and no problem. We have probably all been there. :P xx
    Jon Miazma Watsky forever <3

You were really brave to visit him, I'm afraid to say that wouldn't! Felle is right,if you didnt touch anything you will be fine, also he may not have the sv he could have a bad case of food poisoning, he will be tested for whatever it is he has.

Are you feeling better today after calming down a bit?
    If you try and tell me a phobia is unreal. I dare you to live a day, and feel what I have to feel.

- michelle

Check out my daily blog
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    for stories, poems, and all sorts of stuff related to my emetophobia.

Yeah, I feel a lot better! It took me longer to fall asleep because I get nightmares when I hear about someone getting sick. But I'm 100% today!

Glad to hear you're ok, I agree you were so brave to visit I wouldn't have either!