Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Think I have it..

Woke up this morning and felt fine. I drank an energy drink and then got a stomach ache and some d* Figured this was normal since I do sometimes get those symptoms after drinking them. My husband starts complaining about a stomach ache and having the same d*. I am freaking out now. I have been crying all morning, I have no bleach so I've been getting dish soap and scrubbing everything down. My stomach is in knots, it hurts so bad. It will go away, I get hungry, then it comes back and I have more d*. I took my anxiety medicine hoping that would calm me down, figuring it was just triggered by anxiety, but no, its still awful.

I don't care so much about myself, I'm just terrified of my kids getting it. I am more terrified of OTHERS vomiting around me than I am myself. I can typically control myself so I don't worry much, but my son and daughter will just v* out of nowhere, especially my son. I am just freaking out right now, so bad. My stomach is so upset and I'm just waiting for my son to start complaining about his.

My husband said he was feeling a little better when he got to work, but I honestly think he was just saying that to calm me down. He knows how freaked out I get over this and I think he just felt bad that I was panicking so badly. I requested a prescription of zofran from my psychiatrist but he's not calling me back and I think he'll say no anyway. I am so upset....

Default Re: Think I have it..

oh no honey. I'm sorry you feel so bad. hmmm maybe it's a mild bug. it's possible . just rest and take it easy. hopefully the kids will avoid it .

I'm going to see my psychiatrist in an hour....Everything is just spiraling out of control. I can't stop crying, I haven't been eating, Ive been suffering for too long you guys. I have no friends, I can't even leave the house. I am so scared they're going to force me to stay there when I go. The babysitter is coming to watch the kids, my husband is on an oil rig and can't be contacted. I just can't stop shaking. I am so SICK OF THIS PHOBIA. It's literally killing me, I can't take the anxiety anymore.

I'm so sorry to hear you're feeling like this. How did your appointment go?
    I can totally relate to how you feel, I'm not too bothered if I feel ill but I worry my kids will get it.

I just got here. We'll see what happens. I'm a wreck and I'm scared they're going to force me into some hold or something. I've been hysterically crying about it all day.

I hope you get some relief from the stress and anxiety! Could just have D and thats it.... hope your kids avoid it, grab some bleach when your out!
    If you try and tell me a phobia is unreal. I dare you to live a day, and feel what I have to feel.

- michelle

Check out my daily blog
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    for stories, poems, and all sorts of stuff related to my emetophobia.

Quote Originally Posted by mhartse View Post
    I hope you get some relief from the stress and anxiety! Could just have D and thats it.... hope your kids avoid it, grab some bleach when your out!
    The doctor prescribed me some zofran (only ten pills....) and prozac. I've never tried prozac. Does it have bad side effects?

I took prozac as a teenager and the only side effect I had was I got really hot sometimes. My doctor just put me on zoloft for my anxiety, which is the same category of meds, and the first few days were rough (dizziness, n* and poor appetite) but I've taken six doses so far and I feel so much better and I'm glad I waited it out. I hope soon that it'll help with my panic as well, since I'm not really depressed.

It does sound like you had a mild bug - I had the same thing, it started with a horrible headache, n* and then d* for about a day and a half but I still got hungry. There was a moment I thought I was going to v* but it didn't happen. I think it just hits people differently. I hope you are feeling better now!

I just feel so cruddy. I'm assuming it's from the Prozac, I took it about nine last night. Not v* status but my stomach is just queasy. This happened with the Zoloft and I ended up stopping it. I'm going to try to push through this time. Hopefully the nausea subsides.

This was me a week ago with zoloft - I even posted a thread about it here! It's doable if you remind yourself it'll get better. The worst of it really was just one day, day three maybe. Eat small bland meals when you feel like you can and try to stay hydrated. If I really couldn't stomach food I avoided it till the feeling passed. I'm still having some side effects today, but just mild dizziness that could just be allergies.

Hi, please, please, please keep taking the Prozac however bad it makes you feel, I took paxil which are part of the same SSRI family, I felt like death the first 3 days, dizzy, couldn't stop crying, felt sick, had an upset stomach, paranoia, nightmares and no appetite whatsoever. This eased a little day by day until about 2 weeks later I woke up feeling like a completely different person, I had no anxiety at all, for me paxil changed my life, I know SSRI's don't work for everybody but they could for you.

Yeah I've been pretty nauseous today..... I will push through but I'm not loving this at all. I've also had slight d*. I can still eat, thankfully.

Quote Originally Posted by kimin661 View Post
    Yeah I've been pretty nauseous today..... I will push through but I'm not loving this at all. I've also had slight d*. I can still eat, thankfully.
    Keep going, push through it, trust me! A bit of an upset stomach is normal, all nasty side effects should pass within a couple of days, how are you feeling today?

My nausea is way worse today. I have been on the verge of v* all day. Wonder if I should tell my doctor and see what else he can do.

I have heard of an antidepressant that also acts as a antiemetic. Anyone heard of that? I just can't take this. I literally feel like getting sick 247. I am so miserable.

. I know EXACTLY how you feel. This disease, it chews you up and spits you out. But I can promise you one thing- it gets better. I'm coming up on my 10 year anniversary with the sv that caused this. When it first started, I was anorexic for 2 months and lost 40 pounds because of it, the phobia was literally killing me. And after that I was cured for a while. I got the right treatment, I ate, I could go to school. Life was good.
    Then in 5th grade it came back and I developed extreme OCD where my rituals isolated me from my friends and I could barely stand to go to schoool
    But again in a year I was cured. In 8th grade, I was so harsh on myself for dealing with what I thought was a trivial disease that I developed depression that led toself harm.
    Then freshman year, my grandma passed and I fell into one of my worst anxiety spirals. I was put on half days for school, where I would spend all 3 hours of class in fear (especially whebn one kid v* in class right next to me and I ran out of the room without saying a word). I slept in my moms bed, saw a therapist twice a week, was put on antianxiety\depressants, and had to quit my beloved dance team.

I've been to Hell and back- just like you. And its dark right now, itseems hopeless, and the phobia is killing you! It's no expression. What I hope you know is that hope is real, remission is possible, and that this anxiety doesnt define you. It will get better-not now but soon. It takes patience and self-love. Be kind to yourself, breathe, get as much help as possible. It ends. And when it does, oh my god you'll wonder how life could ever feel so good. Just do your best for now. Best wishes