Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Emetophobia Help!!

Hi All,

My name is Emily and I am 16 years old. I have struggled with emetophobia ever since i could remember. Lately it's been getting a lot worse and I am in desperate need of help. I'm small to begin with and normally only weigh about 90 pounds, but because of my fear, I am not eating right and starting to lose weight. Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated. Please help!!

Default Re: Emetophobia Help!!

Definitely recommend going to see a psychiatrist. That was my first step. My doctor put me on klonopin for my anxiety and prozac for a long term solution. Haven't started the prozac yet (got it today) but the klonopin works great when I'm really feeling anxious about v*.

i would say to get help as soon as possible. the longer you let it go on the worse it gets. i know i wish i would have foxed this years ago before i got as bad as i am now. also putting together a support system. good luck
    “A man that flies from his fear may find that he has only taken a short cut to meet it.”

I am on Zoloft and am currently seeing a psychologist but might have to go back to the hospital (mental) for more support. I just had to quit my job because of this and I've only worked there for a day.

Hi Emily, welcome regarding your weight try and eat high calorie but healthy foods little and often, maybe 6 small meals a day? Try a tablespoon of muesli in full fat yogurt, peanut butter on wholegrain toast, bananas, a handful of nuts, pasta with mild sauce and grated cheese on top, a wholemeal bagel with cream cheese, that sort of thing, if you feel you can't manage food buy a food supplement milkshake mix as it will have all the vitamins and minerals in it that you need, try and have a milkshake in-between meals. If you fill your tummy a little bit without overloading it you will feel better, hunger doesn't help anxiety, I've been there and weighed less than you at the time. Dont worry that you had to quit your job, get better and then think about finding a job.