Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Exclamation Dealing with illness in family?

Nothing worse than hearing your brother isn't hungry for dinner! Almost exactly one year ago my brother while on vacation came down with a sv that eventually infected the entire family, all except for me. The minute my dad came down with it I insisted we go home at once, since we were on the last leg of our vacation. We did, and I felt a little bit better. I remember when it happened last year my brother was acting strange, didn't eat that night, then got sick later. I was so incredibly anxious throughout it all.

Now, tonight, he didn't eat dinner at all and he's been acting a little strange. He didn't even leave the house all day today. And I'm panicking. I don't know why I'm so afraid of catching it, I mean it's the middle of summer and I don't really have anywhere to be. But I don't know what to do.

How do you all deal when another family member could potentially be ill? Right now I just want to pack up and leave for a week, but I can't really do that.

Default Re: Dealing with illness in family?

I always used to go listen to music in my room and try to relax, rest is a great defense for staying healthy. I also dont use the bathroom they are getting s* in. Keep your hands clean, don't eat without washing immediately before touching your food, only eat food prepped by you with clean hands, drunk plenty of water, and lay low get out and walk if you feel anxious! You'll be okay

How is he now?
    My brother also got sick 3 years ago when we were on vacation. It was horrible, but no one else got it from him. But that ruined my whole summer, my emet got worse. If he gets sick, use the other bathroom (if you have). Wash your hands, don't go near him. Ny family rarely gets sick with an sv, my brother had it once when he was 8 and that thing 3 years ago so I'm kind of lucky one. I hope your brother won't be sick, maybe he is strange because other reason..
    "Worrying is a waste of time. It doesn't change anything, it just messes with your mind and steals your happines."

How is your brother? I always panic when my girls are off their food, I spend the evening waiting for it! A lot of the time it's ok though. Is it hot where you are? Heat can cause loss of appetite. Try not to worry too much there is likely to be another reason.