Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default OT: need relationship advice

Hi guys! I haven't been on in a while but I consider you all family so I'm hoping maybe some females out there can give me some advice.

I started dating my boyfriend a few months ago and everything is going great. We're both 20. We spend a lot of time together and we get along well. He's been staying with me for a little while because his job is close to my apartment. He treats me right and his family loves me and as does mine with him. We're both attending the same college and have the same dreams and ambitions. There's nothing wrong EXCEPT recently I don't feel aroused and it's scaring me. He is gorgeous and has a great bod but I'm just never in the mood. He makes me happy and I love his personality, so why am I having this issue? I've never had this problem before and I don't have any desire to be with anyone else. Is this just a phase or is there something wrong with me? Please give me some advice/insight.

Thank you!

Default Re: OT: need relationship advice

I don't know either of you, seeing as this is my first time on this site.

I really wouldn't worry about it. There's times where that's all I can think about doing, and then there's times where I'd rather do a thousand things but. 13 years ago, when I was 20, I had the same feelings. It's normal. Who cares about the great bod/gorgeous/personality/everything? If you're not interested in someone else, then you're probably just going through the "20's". Whatever that means. Sometimes we just go through a moment (or much more) where "in the mood" is not what we need.

Wow thank you so much! This makes me feel a lot more normal. He still means the world to me whether or not we are getting intimate so I guess this will just have to be something to get used to. I just feel bad because I know he wants it, but he still seems understanding when I say I can't. Seriously, thank you so much. I'm glad I'm not the only one!

If anyone else sees this, still feel free to give an opinion! Thanks!

edit: and I feel like in this relationship I may "need more" because this does feel much more serious than anything I've ever experienced. So thank you for reminding me that doing it isn't the most important thing!
    Last edited by grenadexhopper; 07-10-2014 at 01:14 AM.

Just my own perception from my own experiences.

sometimes whwn you are with someone for a while, the list phase fades. you get comfortable. happier. it's a different kind of love. a deeper one. I would just give it some time and maybe try to mix things up to get out of your rut . there are tons of boos about this so grab one and have some fun ;

Given the fact you're posting this on an emetophobia forum, I can assume you might suffer from anxiety. Anxiety can lower our libido from time to time and it's completely normal. Try not to stress about it while you enjoy the non sexual part of the relationship, it'll make a stronger relationship over the time, trust me

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Visit me at
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm in the same boat. Im a 24 year old male, have a gorgeous girlfriend who loves me to death. She's truly amazing in every way. We've been together for about 2 years, have lived together for about 1 1/2 years. Both of us have full time jobs. She's going to school while I pursue other endeavors, we have the same outlook on everything. Never been in an argument but I have lost most of my intimate desire. Its just the initial spark fading, and you know what? Its not a big deal. I think it happens in every relationship. Completely normal.