Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Chances of catching a v* bug?

Well, we went out for lunch today and I used public bathrooms and then ate a salad roll with my hands.
    I thought about it at the time, but told myself to get over it and I just ate it. But now I'm freaking out, seeing as I have to travel on a bus for three hours tomorrow and then three hours back to see a theatre performance. I'm so scared I'm going to get sick, I've been looking foreword to this for so long, I don't want to be stuck in the city being sick and then have to catch the bus home.
    I did wash my hands, but probably not well enough and then I was touching the button on the hand dryer.

I've been doing so well the last few months and now I'm freaking out. :/
    Please visit my progress blog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Wanting to help others. Please spread the word!

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
    "To thine self be true, then it must follow, as the night the day, that thou canst not then be false to any man."
    "The empty vessel makes the loudest sound."
    - William Shakespeare

Default Re: Chances of catching a v* bug?

Id say your chances are slim! Enjoy your time out and your theater
    If you try and tell me a phobia is unreal. I dare you to live a day, and feel what I have to feel.

- michelle

Check out my daily blog
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    for stories, poems, and all sorts of stuff related to my emetophobia.

Default Re: Chances of catching a v* bug?

agree with mhartse, very slim. you'll be totally fine. long travel makes me nervous too and I also get overly paranoid the day or two before. but think rationally about it. if it helps, focus on safe foods today and tomorrow to lower your panic. this isn't feeding the emet, just lowering your anxiety.

enjoy oy the show!!!!!!