Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Angry, scared, horribly anxious - need help or reassurance.

I accidentally drank out of a cup that was half-assedly washed. Inside, there was a thin ring of coffee residue (like it sat there for awhile) near the bottom of the cup, & didn't realize it until I was through half of the cup of water.

Even though this happened at like...7PM ish, I'm still having waves of anxiety/dread & completely irrational thoughts I can't block out. I'm also freaking about every feeling in my abdomen I get. I feel cruddy, but not sick. I'm afraid. I have some Penicillin left over from a dental abscess. I'm drinking Gatorade as of now.

On top of this - I'm so pissed. Just yesterday, my mom scolded me & said that if I don't like the way she does dishes, I can do them all myself. I sometimes re-wash dishes that I think look or seem still dirty (sometimes I actually find stuff in/on them.) I guess I'll be doing my own damn dishes for now, & get yelled at for it.

The second I trust her, I land myself up in this scenario. I don't know what to do!

Default Re: Angry, scared, horribly anxious - need help or reassurance.

coffee and soda stains cups so it probably was clean but just stained . that being said, I also don't like dirty plates and dishes. can you buy disposable stuff like paper plates and cups?

Quote Originally Posted by mdgirl1977 View Post
    coffee and soda stains cups so it probably was clean but just stained . that being said, I also don't like dirty plates and dishes. can you buy disposable stuff like paper plates and cups?
    (If this comes up twice, I didn't see my reply.))

It wasn't stained. I was able to wipe it away. I still feel anxious, but I realized a lot of time has passed. I think if I were to get sick from something

When I get the money, I probably will start buying paper plates. Not so pricey, bio-degradable, saves on dish soap & water. Not only that, but some of the glassware & plates here are chipped. :/ I don't like eating off of them.

this happens to me all the time (5 roommates who dk how to wash a dish properly) and it's always been fine. coffee is a hard thing to get off sometime. try not to worry
    “A man that flies from his fear may find that he has only taken a short cut to meet it.”

I think I'm okay so far...just lingering anxiety & tiredness. I just ate a small snack, which is a pretty good sign. I guess I can just be really irrational at times. x_x