Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Ugh - Losing It!

So I have a cocktail of issues.

I have ALWAYS been emetophobic. Always. However, now I also have wegeners and I'm immune compromised, so getting sick is not only extremely terrifying, it's life threatening and scary.

I have not been sick since before I was diagnosed (2 years ago) so I have not experienced a stomach flu since then, but my emetophobia is even worse now.

I am an Esthetician and I just had a client who was vomiting a few days ago (her whole house was) and she came in for a pedicure. I washed my hands and did everything I could. We can't use bleach at work because it's not an approved product (I did use a hospital grade disinfectant though but I am not sure if it would kill it). She wasn't sick any more but I am still super paranoid I'm going to catch it.

What are the chances of her whole house vomiting a few days ago (I think she said that by Monday they were mostly feeling better) that I would pick it up off her? Remember I was working on her feet and touching her. She spent about an hour in my room. I am going to wash all the bedding with bleach (I don't usually) and hot water.

I am totally freaking out over this.

Default Re: Ugh - Losing It!

I'm confident she showered and washed her hands numerous times in the last four days so I think the chances are quite slim. what is wegeners? was that a typo or is that the actual name of a disease?

VERY unlikely you would get anything. NO WORRIES
    If you try and tell me a phobia is unreal. I dare you to live a day, and feel what I have to feel.

- michelle

Check out my daily blog
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    for stories, poems, and all sorts of stuff related to my emetophobia.

I hope you guys are right. I have been doing so good lately, but I guess it was because there wasn't "known" sick person exposure lately.

Wegeners is not a typo, it's an autoimmune disease similar to Lupus if you've heard of that. It has a new name (GPA) but most of us who have it just call it Wegeners or WG.

From Wikipedia:

Granulomatosis with polyangiitis (GPA), formerly known as Wegener's granulomatosis (WG), is a systemic disorder that involves both granulomatosis and polyangiitis. It is a form of vasculitis (inflammation of blood vessels) that affects small- and medium-size vessels in many organs. Damage to the lungs and kidneys can be fatal. It requires long-term immunosuppression.

I'm going to school to be an Esthetician!!! And I'm sure you're okay, take deep breaths *hugs*

Congrats, Esthetics is a great choice unless you have sick clients! haha

Knock on wood I have not been sick, but had myself thoroughly convinced I was all weekend.

I think I'm in over drive because my husband and I are on vacation next week, and I really don't want to get around it.