Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default White water rafting... Terrified!!!

I'm going white water rafting tomorrow with my girlfriends family, and I'm scared witless. I love being outside and I love water, it helps my anxiety, but I'm still scared!!! It's a grade 3, which I guess isn't that bad. I like boats and stuff, but I went on YouTube and watched videos and it looks scary!!! I HATE roller coasters!!! We're going with a guide, so I know it's somewhat safe, but I'm hella scared

Default Re: White water rafting... Terrified!!!

You're going to have so much fun!! I went white water rafting when I was little and I loved it, I really want to do it again. Water also calms me

I'm starting to get excited, but I'm still nervous! I don't wanna die! I have a pretty hard stomach, I've never gotten motion sickness or car sickness or anything. It's only 4 to 5 hours, so it's not like suuuuper long

Oh my god I just mentioned in my other post that I'm freaking out about white water rafting tomorrow but do you know I hadn't even thought about motion sickness til now just that it'd be scary and I thought I might hate it and panic about not liking it! Up until an hour ago I was feeling ok about it but now I'm properly worrying about it! Hope you end up having fun!!

Motion sickness is more repetitive motion. Being on a river isn't anything like being on the ocean or anything like that. I'm actually really excited now!!! You have to tell me about your trip!!! Where are you going??

How did your rafting go?! Mine was amazing I was so so nervous before hand and shaking like a leaf but when we finally got out on the water I loved it and actually wished it had been faster with bigger rapids lol! Still relieved no one fell in but not scary in an emet related way at all! x

I TOTALLY AGREE!!! OH MY GOD IT WAS THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!! On the second half of the trip I ended up sitting on the very front of the raft. Oh my god!!! I never knew crazy water coming at my face would be so amazing!!! Where did you go?? What grade was it??? I'm already saving up for the next trip haha. The one we went on was 3 and 4+ on the Klamath river in Oregon. Oh my god I still can't get over how amazing and totally relaxing it was!!!

I rafted down the Jordan River in Israel as a teenager and it was amazing!!! I'm happy you had fun

We were on 3s and 4s as well and I just loved it. I'm in the uk so probs not as impressive as your rivers but still awesome fun! Go us for not letting stupid emet get in the way of something fab!

So proud of you both! It's a great feeling when we don't let the emet stop us from something we want to do!
    -Jenni

"Look for love and evidence that you're worth keeping." PJ