Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Oh no!! Think this is it...

Dont know what anyone can do but I just felt the need to share this with people who understand.

About 40 mins ago I woke up. Wasnt too concerned as I wake up several times a night either needing a pee or for no reason at all. Therefore its nothing that makes me panic. However within 20 mins of light dozing I very suddenly felt my stomach churning and I knew I was going to v*. Its now been half hour and Im pacing with cold wet flannel on back of my neck. Ive taken anti-emetics and at present have a buccastem tablet dissolving on my gum. Also taken a mild tranquiliser but all to no avail. My stomach is actually heavy and hot if that makes any sense.

I also need the loo but am too afraid cos I feel as soon as I go Ill just v*. This is cruel

Default Re: Oh no!! Think this is it...

Hi!
    I know this might sound crazy but you can't panic and you can't stop nature doing what it intends to do. Our bodies are designed amazingly so that if something bad gets in, it comes out ASAP so that it cannot cause us more harm in the long run. I know it sucks that we have a fear of a really amazing evolutionary advantage, but unfortunately that's what has happened.

If you think this time is different to your normal fear of v*ing and n* that follows it, I definitely think you have to just do the v*ing and forget about your fear until you get whatever is in your body harming you, out. Just think about the harm it could do if it stays in your body if it is a bug or a toxic substance!! It will soon be all over a done with though, it may only be a one-off and then you're finished!!

Good luck, I wish you the best though! I know it's hard because I'm sure we've all been in the same position before..

I know you're talking sense and Im not someone who thinks they will actually die if they v* but at the moment that seems easier said than done.

I went to the loo but it didnt make it any better but no worse either thankfully. Im so tired and have to work in a few hours but am too scared to even sit down cos I feel if I start to relax even a little Im going to lose what little control I have.

Am also getting twinges in top half of my stomach. It almost feels like a pinch

Twinges.. could they be some sort of cramping? I really don't want to scare you but it sounds like you may actually have a sv or fp.. I'm so sorry but when it happens, it's going to happen and please try not to stop the natural process. Just think about how good you'll feel when it's finally over yeah?? Go evolution!! Go you!!

It sounds like anxiety to me. I couldn't begin to tell you how many of these nights (and days) I've had over the years. I hope you feel better asap!

hey how are you now? you're doing great being so calm.

Dont want to jinx myself but it does seem to be easing a little. Enough at least so I am able to sit down anyhow. Dont know if its the tranquiliser and/or the anti-emetics but Im gonna enjoy the reprieve whilst it lasts. Still a long way from sleeping but I can just about cope with that if it means no v*.

You are so brave to just be able to accept what I know is a natural part of life. However I have fought this act for so many years now I dont ever want it to happen. Irrational? Yes! Crazy? Yes again! Haha

Thank you

I am not sure what it could be but I hope you feel better. Even if you DO v*, you will not feel sick anymore afterwards. Hope you're ok!
    Even if we're breaking down, we can find a way to break through
    Even if we can't find heaven, I'll walk through Hell with you
    Love, you're not alone, 'cause I'm gonna stand by you
    --- Rachel Platten "Stand By You" ♥

Quote Originally Posted by mdgirl1977 View Post
    hey how are you now? you're doing great being so calm.
    Id like to say I was calm but believe me that was far from the truth. It took me 20 mins or so just to manage to make my first post. I was too busy trying to stop myself v*. Dont think Im out of the woods yet as my stomach still feels unsettled and weird but the n* is easier for now. The cold wet flannel is also firmly applied to my neck and the fan is blowing a gale. Ive got 5 hours before I have to get up for work. God willing I can get through this without v*.

Quote Originally Posted by Hannah A. View Post
    I am not sure what it could be but I hope you feel better. Even if you DO v*, you will not feel sick anymore afterwards. Hope you're ok!
    Thank you.

I dont know what I expected you all to do but I just felt the need to reach out to anyone who could empathize.

Quote Originally Posted by gypsybird View Post
    It sounds like anxiety to me. I couldn't begin to tell you how many of these nights (and days) I've had over the years. I hope you feel better asap!
    This is tricky. Sometimes I know its anxiety whilst others like tonight - not so much.

Of course as the n* built so did my anxiety. But I just felt so ill. At the moment the tablets seem to be having the desired effect. I just hope I can ride it out without v*. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Quote Originally Posted by claire43 View Post
    Dont want to jinx myself but it does seem to be easing a little. Enough at least so I am able to sit down anyhow. Dont know if its the tranquiliser and/or the anti-emetics but Im gonna enjoy the reprieve whilst it lasts. Still a long way from sleeping but I can just about cope with that if it means no v*.

You are so brave to just be able to accept what I know is a natural part of life. However I have fought this act for so many years now I dont ever want it to happen. Irrational? Yes! Crazy? Yes again! Haha

Thank you
    Haha thank you! I am really interested in Evolution (especially human) and other parts of Biology so I really like to think of it in that way.. kind of makes me feel special sometimes! hahha! I'm so glad you're starting to feel better now.. maybe I was wrong, because I've never had my phobia get that bad, but yay that I was wrong!!

Quote Originally Posted by victoria_xo View Post
    Haha thank you! I am really interested in Evolution (especially human) and other parts of Biology so I really like to think of it in that way.. kind of makes me feel special sometimes! hahha! I'm so glad you're starting to feel better now.. maybe I was wrong, because I've never had my phobia get that bad, but yay that I was wrong!!
    I hope you are wrong too haha. No offence meant

Hopefully your phobia will never get so bad. I wouldnt wish this on my worse enemy. Believe it or not in almost every aspect of my life Im totally rational. Sometimes too much so but when it comes to this Im like some pathetic neurotic freak. I hate that I turn into what I consider to be a weak person. When I read on here people much younger than me being so calm and objective I feel ashamed.

I hope you are wrong too haha. No offence meant

Hopefully your phobia will never get so bad. I wouldnt wish this on my worse enemy. Believe it or not in almost every aspect of my life Im totally rational. Sometimes too much so but when it comes to this Im like some pathetic neurotic freak. I hate that I turn into what I consider to be a weak person. When I read on here people much younger than me being so calm and objective I feel ashamed.
    No don't feel ashamed!!!! The only reason my fear isn't as bad as yours or some other peoples is because my experiences haven't been as bad! I really enjoy Biology and Psychology and I'm studying them at school atm so I'm learning to look at these things from a different perspective and I can notice when it's anxiety (fight/flight response) or when it's real (which is basically never). I've done my research and it's definitelyyyy reduced my fear so so much!! Maybe you could try too?

hate these nights... try to get some fresh air. when i get like this i takes walks outside and it really helps. feel better!
    “A man that flies from his fear may find that he has only taken a short cut to meet it.”

Aww thank you everyone. You've all helped me get through a tough few hours x

Quote Originally Posted by victoria_xo View Post
    No don't feel ashamed!!!! The only reason my fear isn't as bad as yours or some other peoples is because my experiences haven't been as bad! I really enjoy Biology and Psychology and I'm studying them at school atm so I'm learning to look at these things from a different perspective and I can notice when it's anxiety (fight/flight response) or when it's real (which is basically never). I've done my research and it's definitelyyyy reduced my fear so so much!! Maybe you could try too?
    Thanks.

Ive always been interested in psychology but between work, running a home, having elderly parents and now a pregnant daughter Im too busy to really devote the time needed to study. Its always fascinated me why people react the way they do to different situations. I would have loved to have become a social worker but instead I work in an optometrists. It pays the bills - just!

Thanks.

Ive always been interested in psychology but between work, running a home, having elderly parents and now a pregnant daughter Im too busy to really devote the time needed to study. Its always fascinated me why people react the way they do to different situations. I would have loved to have become a social worker but instead I work in an optometrists. It pays the bills - just!
    Unfortunately I can't really understand your hectic lifestyle because I'm just a teenager (which don't get me wrong, I'm happy about, no offence! haha) but I have actually learnt a lot of the things I know from websites and things like that, it's really quite simple. I could suggest a few if you would like to learn more about how anxiety can cause true, realistic nausea and fear?
    "For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone" - Audrey Hepburn

Hi Claire, I hope you are feeling better today. WTF, why has nobody noticed that there is a friggin troll posting hon this thread!

thank you, Rebecca. I noticed but didn't want to make it a thing.

MIKE, go away.

Quote Originally Posted by rebecca1976 View Post
    Hi Claire, I hope you are feeling better today. WTF, why has nobody noticed that there is a friggin troll posting hon this thread!
    which one is the troll if I may ask
    "And though she be but little, she is fierce"~Helena, A Midsummer Night's Dream

Quote Originally Posted by rebecca1976 View Post
    which one is the troll if I may ask, pm me.
    "And though she be but little, she is fierce"~Helena, A Midsummer Night's Dream

victoria_xo is Mike Gratton, aka Isobel

Mdgirl and rebecca before you accuse Victoria do you have any proof she is mike? I don’t think it is fair to be rude when she has made nothing but helpful contributions on this thread. Of course correct me if I’m wrong its just I don’t want anyones feelings hurt.

yes, we had a long thread about Isobel where we compared join dates, log in and log off times (Isobel, Victoria and Mike) as well as manner of speaking and unusual requests by each of them re chatting and requests for personal contact info as well as each of their pattern of only contacting young members they (he) knew as Mike Gratton. S/he also knew personal info that they would not know if they weren't a troll.

Really!! Whatever the truth is I was very grateful to have somebody to help take my mind off things.

I would caution you to be careful a mike is a predator who was making sexual comments to a 13 year old on here via chat on phone. he is dangerous. please do not give him/her personal info.

Quote Originally Posted by mdgirl1977 View Post
    I would caution you to be careful a mike is a predator who was making sexual comments to a 13 year old on here via chat on phone. he is dangerous. please do not give him/her personal info.
    Well he'd have a suck in. Im a 47 year old hahaha x

I never give out personal information but thank you for caring

read the Isobel thread for the full story....happy you are feeling better

Yeah, I wasn't too happy about his first post telling her to just get sick and get it over with, and that there is nothing you can do about it,,,blah, blah...not too helpful when you are in the midst of panic. But fits in with his fetish... Hope you're better, Claire!!!