Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Severe intestinal cramps?

So, yesterday sucked. I am changing my schedule aroung again which means staying up for 21 hours 2 days in a row, with about... 5-8 hours of sleep? I was about to head off to sleep when my intestines started to cramp, badly. I didn't think /too/ much about it because we all have had cramps. They wouldn't stop, and were really, really, really bad. I went to the bathroom to see if that would stop the cramping, but I ended up trapping myself in there haha! I couldn't move without the cramps returning so I was stuck. The cramps almost made me vomit, which I didn't know could happen. I took 12mg of Ondansetron to ease the nausea from the pain, but, it really didn't do anything. Was in the bathroom for about 2 hours haha! Granted, I did have diarrhea, but most of those 2 hours was nothing but me stuck without being able to move. Never have I had that level of pain before. The pain actually induced minor panic attacks with each wave.

I woke up without any diarrhea or any urges to use the bathroom, but I have had 4 waves in about 5 1/2 hours with 2 being bad cramps (the last 2). I'm nervous to eat because I really can't have the cramps returning at that level. I'll end up going to the ER.

Is there anything that can help that? I'm not feeling nauseated at all, so I will refrain from taking any anti-emetic unless I get nauseated. Would Ibuprofen work or should I refrain from those? (just checked and they said no) I still have a bottle of unopened prescription pain killers from my tooth ordeal back in April - would those work? (likely wouldn't take them anyways)

I haven't been drinking much the last 2 days, so yesterday essentially dried me completely, so I'm worried there as well. I'm testing some Special K waffles without syrup to see if my stomach and intestine are calm... Really need to get liquids in me. Can feel it when I walk.

Default Re: Severe intestinal cramps?

I would get some Tylenol (more gentle than ibuprofen) and take two with Gatorade or vitamin water. you need electrolytes.

Thank you for your response. I'll have my sister pick some up on her way home :/ Is there another drink besides Gatorade that I can take in? Last year in summer, I kinda grew... intolerant with it haha

vitamin water is great too and isn't as heavy. I can't do gatorade - too sweet. But I love the Squeezed, Essential and XXX vitamin waters. They have all your vitamin C and electrolytes and will help.

Awesome! My sister did pick up Vitamin Water and it tastes great! I'm not hungry, and not really thirsty, but I'm powering through it Thank you

That happened to me recently. Was shopping and then got bad intestine cramps and then went home and had d*. It almost scared me to death.
    Even if we're breaking down, we can find a way to break through
    Even if we can't find heaven, I'll walk through Hell with you
    Love, you're not alone, 'cause I'm gonna stand by you
    --- Rachel Platten "Stand By You" ♥

i had this last year and i feel your pain. (literally) it was strange and i never found out what the hell was going on but i would just drink a lot of vitamin water and also plain water to flush out your system. hope you feel better soon!
    “A man that flies from his fear may find that he has only taken a short cut to meet it.”

How are you feeling now??
    psalm 139
    we are fearfully and wonderfully made

I'm still getting occasional cramping, and my hunger nor thirst has returned, but for most of the day, only my intestine were irritated, which was annoying. As it gets later in the day, the cramping is having less of a break between waves and my headache is returning. I'm not sure if this has to do with me slowing down on Remeron, but I'm going back on it starting in a few. No way will I go through this for longer. I can't stress how badly it hurt yesterday. I have suicidal tendencies, but yesterday was the only time that I would have attempted such had I had the means to do so. I never had pain like that before. When I felt like I was going to vomit yesterday, I was worried about the vomiting causing more cramping than the pain associated with the act.

Didn't take the Tylenol though... not fond of pain medications... just don't want it to become like yesterday. I will not be going into the bathroom tonight though; I'm not trapping myself in there again haha!