Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default What is wrong with me? Very distressed

What is wrong with me? Very distressed

On Monday night I had bad indigestion, really bad. I have bad anxiety at the moment and I know the two can be linked. Now it's really hot here, and it's about 3am here. Yesterday afternoon I drank a lot of fizzy drinks as I was thirsty, and for dinner ate a large plain pizza. I started to feel sickly as soon as I ate the pizza, which I had with lemonade. I took an anti-sickness and it calmed down, before it returning an hour later as bad acid reflux which made me feel s*. I took another anti-sickness. The sensation lasted until about three hours ago, at which point the reflux was fine and I was even hungry, but I didn't eat.

I've woken up now, and my throat, nose and ears are burning. Like my throat feels like it's starting to develop in to a sore throat, my nose feels like it's going to get a cold. I don't feel s* as such but I feel 'off'. I had some loose stools just now which is common when I take anti-sickness. My appetite feels normal at this point, I feel a hungry feeling now. My stomach feels like it's knawing and empty and the reflux is still there a bit.

Is this a s* bug, reflux/anxiety, or am I coming down with a flu virus/throat type thing? Bit of heatstroke even? Or some strange combination? A strange virus? I just don't feel right. I've felt like this before and not been s* when I've been under a lot of stress.

Please help, I'm very scared about what is happening to my body.

Default Re: What is wrong with me? Very distressed

Sounds like it could be a cold bug or something, but definitely nothing involving your stomach. I know that if I had a large pizza I would be feeling sick to my stomach! And the reflux is definitely the pizza - tomato sauce is infamous for it. You're okay, I promise.

Thanks for replying, feel like I'm going crazy. My throat does feel quite sore as does my ears, I just don't know how much of that is reflux/anxiety. Really tomato sauce is a trigger for reflux? Didn't know that! It's so hot as well which isn't helping things.

Sore throats can be caused by reflux. The acid irritates your throat. But I agree with yourjedi, maybe you're getting a cold, which doesn't involve v*. You'll be fine
    Even if we're breaking down, we can find a way to break through
    Even if we can't find heaven, I'll walk through Hell with you
    Love, you're not alone, 'cause I'm gonna stand by you
    --- Rachel Platten "Stand By You" ♥

sounds like a head cold to me. pizza and acidic lemonade is not a good mix, by the way. but ears hurting isn't from reflux generally. get some tea and throat drops. you may have post nasal drip. not v likely but you may feel run down for a few days. feel better!

Thanks guys. I'm feeling a lot better now I've calmed down. I think I'm run down and coming down with something but I don't think it's v*. I just think rich food and fizzy drinks in the heat gave me some bad reflux made worse by anxiety. Feel really silly getting myself in such a state.

that's what we are here for the voice of reason in a storm of chaos.

I can't believe a few hours ago I convinced myself I was going to be s*. I really did not feel well though, the reflux was terrible.

Reflux gives me sore ears and a sore throat! I always say I'm the only person in the world to get indigestion in my ears lol! Glad you're feeling better