Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default help!!! At work and suddenly feeling very sick...think it might happen

I'm panicking so badly right now. I'm pretty sure this is it. I'm shaking all over and very dizzy. My stomach is cramping and I just had some d* too, but I feel like I could v* at any second. I don't understand. I felt fine this morning, actually quite hungry. I had a cup and a half of coffee with some creamer and then a bowl of cereal. Halfway thru the cereal I started feeling off but I forced myself to finish it. I don't want to ask to go home because I just took yesterday off for family stuff plus I have a long commute home and traffic is awful right now because Obama's in town and I'm scared i'll be stuck in my car when I have to v*.

What do I do?

Default Re: help!!! At work and suddenly feeling very sick...think it might happen

Can you go outside and get some air? Or can you go to the bathroom and splash some water on your face? I had bad throat n* from anxiety last week. Both times I put a cold washcloth on the back of my neck- it helped a LOT.

Default Re: help!!! At work and suddenly feeling very sick...think it might happen

Now im feeling super weak like Im gonna pass out...omg what is wrong with me I'm so scared

Quote Originally Posted by kitbuddy View Post
    Can you go outside and get some air? Or can you go to the bathroom and splash some water on your face? I had bad throat n* from anxiety last week. Both times I put a cold washcloth on the back of my neck- it helped a LOT.
    I'm honestly too scared to stand up because I feel so dizzy and like I might pass out

get to the bathroom and splash your face, neck. sip some water. if you can't get up then lean your head between your knees to deal with the faintness.

Quote Originally Posted by mdgirl1977 View Post
    get to the bathroom and splash your face, neck. sip some water. if you can't get up then lean your head between your knees to deal with the faintness.
    thank you...that did help a bit. still feeling dizzy and weak but a little less nauseous at least.. i think i'll go out and get some air for a few minutes

I hope your feeling better, did you have too much coffee? You said Obamas in town, are you in WA also?

Quote Originally Posted by NicManri View Post
    I hope your feeling better, did you have too much coffee? You said Obamas in town, are you in WA also?
    I am feeling a bit better, thank you...I'm just confused why the nausea and d* hit so suddenly and severely. So weird. I thought I was done for.

I'm in LA, Obama's here today and tomorrow so its traffic hell!

Sometimes if I drink too much coffee or drink it too fast and don't have enough food in my stomach it will give me a loose BM, which sometimes give me N*

Quote Originally Posted by NicManri View Post
    Sometimes if I drink too much coffee or drink it too fast and don't have enough food in my stomach it will give me a loose BM, which sometimes give me N*
    That's the normal amount of coffee I drink every day, but who knows...bodies are weird sometimes. Maybe it was the creamer. I'm still feeling funky and out of it but I think its because I haven't eaten much in the last few days. I'm gonna try to make myself eat.

How are you feeling now?

Quote Originally Posted by Leslie735 View Post
    How are you feeling now?
    Better, I think....still kinda "off" though. But I did eat so I guess thats good though I'll admit I'm nervous i'll have more d* because my tummy is starting to rumble again.. But at least the shakiness and dizziness is gone. I've had a crazy last couple of days/nights, I'm really looking forward to being lazy and going to bed early tonight

Thank you for asking

I had to give up coffee due to the caffeine effects. At times I would start to get anxious, panicky, along with get bad palpitations. Sometimes I would even go into a full-blown panic attack. Coffee made me have to have a bm and it would sometimes give me a sick feeling in my stomach. It sounds to me though, like you may have had a panic attack; your symptoms were classic. Coffee can do weird things to you at times, although I sure do miss it.

Maybe the caffine from the coffee and the anxiety because of all the traffic and from Obama being there. (if you live in a different country and don't know who he is.. he is the United States president
    Even if we're breaking down, we can find a way to break through
    Even if we can't find heaven, I'll walk through Hell with you
    Love, you're not alone, 'cause I'm gonna stand by you
    --- Rachel Platten "Stand By You" ♥

Coffee makes me feel horrific but it varies day to day. Some days I can have a few cups and be fine, others I have one and feel like death warmed up! I think it just exacerbates the feelings of panic and upsets my stomach and the combo makes everything ten times worse! Hope you're feeling better now?

Quote Originally Posted by Hannah A. View Post
    Maybe the caffine from the coffee and the anxiety because of all the traffic and from Obama being there. (if you live in a different country and don't know who he is.. he is the United States president
    Hah, yeah, I think most everyone knows who he is. It's kind of impossible to escape anything to do with the USA if you live pretty much anywhere in the western world.

OP, I think that maybe your body just reacted to the caffeine, or maybe the creamer? I don't think you'll vomit though. Try to relax
    Come visit my history blog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Collie View Post
    I'm honestly too scared to stand up because I feel so dizzy and like I might pass out
    You had a panic attack xx

I want to thank everybody for your support! I ended up being fine, I do think it was a panic attack after all but I was surprised how severe it was and how nothing triggered it. It definitely wasnt traffic, I've lived in LA my whole life so I'm used to that Maybe it was the caffeine after all. Anyway thank you again I am so glad I found this site!!

Glad to hear you're better

Coffee is bad bad bad for emetophobes, bc we already have anxiety, caffeine gets your system going so it creates cramps and for me, bad d* and occasionally n*
    Not it to mention it makes you nervous. Maybe not so much coffee, like a small cup, or decaf.