Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: My therapy

Talking My therapy

I'm getting therapy (hypnotherapy) And it really is working! I still have some fears, but I am in much more control of them and do not get nervous easily, I can also have more fun without thinking of v* and have even taken tiny risks! It also helps me stay happy and control bad thoughts, and I think it would help people here to control their fears a bit... It doesn't work overnight, but you do notice the progress after a few sessions. I hope some of you consider taking it ^^

Default Re: My therapy

if I could afford hypnotherapy, I would totally try it! I'm happy it's working for you thank you for sharing.

Yay for you! I really wish I could afford it! Did you find it hard to be hypnotized?

I've never thought of doing hypnotherapy because I don't know enough about it. I also really hate not being in complete control of my body. I'm so glad you've found something that works! I'm going to look into it more

In my therapy, you ARE in control, they don't literally 'hypnotise' you, they train your brain in a way. Hard to explain!

I would love to try hypnotherapy if I had the money! It is so great to hear from someone who it is working for. How many sessions have you had? And how many more will you be having if you don't mind me asking?

I've had roughly 6. My therapist said that she's interested in me, and she let me have therapy for free. I'm not certain on how many more, but I do know that it helps alot, and even though I'm still scared, I have so much more control of the fear, it's really worth it.

I wish I wasn't so cynical about all treatments and therapies! I've tried hypnotherapy and it did absolutely nothing for me but it's always because I go in expecting it not to work. Im having the same problem with EMDR right now I'm so happy you've found something that helps though!

I've been meaning to look into this for a while! Wonder if they have any near where I live in Australia...

I am SO glad something is working for you! It's really great to see someone have a success story! Congrats and I hope things continue to get better!
    Please visit my progress blog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Wanting to help others. Please spread the word!

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
    "To thine self be true, then it must follow, as the night the day, that thou canst not then be false to any man."
    "The empty vessel makes the loudest sound."
    - William Shakespeare