Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default I really don't feel well and I'm terrified

On Tuesday I posted I suddenly came down with n*, sore throat and was shaking. I put it down to reflux and the heat.

Today I started to feel shakey again, like shaking almost inside my body. I felt a bit better when I ate something. My throat started to feel scratchy again, as it has all week, particularly in the night. Then I was out with a friend and suddenly I felt very off indeed, flulike, my throat felt horrible and I thought, I'm going to be s*, and I actually went outside and started retching. This subsided, but the burning in my throat persisted, as did the flulike feeling and the weak and shakey feeling in my body. My nose and ears feel like they are burning, like my throat. The retching as stopped but my head feels so foggy.

I just want to know what this is. Weird virus/onset of flu or a cold/reflux/heat/anxiety?

I know there is something physically wrong and it's not JUST anxiety, but I just can't work out what it is. The n* isn't in my stomach, it's just an overall ill shakey feeling in my body.

Please please please help, I am ever so worried. I've just felt my glands and my left gland is raised. I feel ever so dizzy and funny.

Default Re: I really don't feel well and I'm terrified

Sounds to me like you may have a little infection fighting going on! But that's okay, doesn't mean you'll be sick!

I am sorry about the retching but I agree, it sounds like a virus of some sort. I'd say focus on taking some tylenol or advil to help the glands and general pains, up your vitamin c and try to sleep as much as you can.

sounds like a fever and mostly anxiety, I get the shakes really bad too where i feel like my insides are trembling x

You said your nose an ears are bothering you, are your sinuses too? You could have some sort of infection and nasal drip which could be irritating your throat and making you feel like you need to v*

How do you feel now dear?
    Please visit my progress blog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Wanting to help others. Please spread the word!

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
    "To thine self be true, then it must follow, as the night the day, that thou canst not then be false to any man."
    "The empty vessel makes the loudest sound."
    - William Shakespeare

Thanks for all your replies.
    I think I had heatstroke, I was out in the sun a lot and not drinking enough water. And I felt so overheated.
    I feel pretty shit again. My phobia gets worse with anxiety. At the moment I'm extremely stressed in other areas of my life and that seems to make me more afraid of being s*. Separating what is real n* and what is anxiety n* is hard.