Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default My mother is in a bad way

Living at home and my mother has come down with somthing aweful, she's v*ing got d* and can barely walk. My dad has just run her across to the doctor and all i can do is worry about my selfish ass self. I dont even know if its viral but i can feel myself getting sick already. I'm scared to touch anything. help

Default Re: My mother is in a bad way

First of all you won't catch anything from her this soon, that's anexity getting the best of you. Secondly, take a few deep breaths, clam down a bit. Do you have any bleach? Wipe down the door handles, remotes and anything else everyone touches and just make sure to wash your hands before making food and you'll be ok

Thanks. It was horrible there but she and by extension I are a feeling better. Thanks.

Did you find out if it was viral or not?
    Glad she's ok now and glad you're feeling better.
    M I D N I G H T

Quote Originally Posted by NicManri View Post
    First of all you won't catch anything from her this soon, that's anexity getting the best of you. Secondly, take a few deep breaths, clam down a bit. Do you have any bleach? Wipe down the door handles, remotes and anything else everyone touches and just make sure to wash your hands before making food and you'll be ok
    Sorry but you can catch something from her this soon if she is contagious, you are contagious from the minute you feel sick, some people believe it is contagious before symptoms start in the infected person. Try and keep calm and clean with bleach,
    some people water it down, I use it neat, can't do any harm as long as it's not on fabrics or carpets. Keep your mind busy to help with your anxiety, I hope your mum is ok, it's scary when parents are ill even if they are not contagious.

Quote Originally Posted by rebecca1976 View Post
    Sorry but you can catch something from her this soon if she is contagious, you are contagious from the minute you feel sick, some people believe it is contagious before symptoms start in the infected person. Try and keep calm and clean with bleach,
    some people water it down, I use it neat, can't do any harm as long as it's not on fabrics or carpets. Keep your mind busy to help with your anxiety, I hope your mum is ok, it's scary when parents are ill even if they are not contagious.
    Oh, I should claify I didn't mean should couldn't catch it from her I meant she (the op) wouldn't be showing symptoms yet and that her n* was from abexity.