Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Hi Guys!

I haven't posted here in a while. I have keeping myself buzy, and my emet has been at a low for the past while. I have had the odd high anxiety and 2 panic attacks, but that is nothing compared to what it was before.

I think I am making progress, or at least it feels like it. I am learning to forgive myself for reacting the way I do when I have a panic attack because I didn't feel like a normal human being. One step at a time, one feeling at a time.

Yet I still haven't learned to love my stomach. Sounds weird, but in regards to panic attacks and nausea, it makes perfect sense. I hate my stomach when I feel nauseated. I question god as to why we have nausea. But, using the term 'Emergency Ejection System' instead of the harsh word of vomiting makes it a little easier. I have to keep telling myself over and over again that my stomach is trying to protect me, in it's own yucky way.

The notion of becoming friends with my stomach sounds way out there. But I have looked at this idea, and I am starting to try it out. It's difficult to make friends with your tummy if it's vocabulary only consists of gurgle and belch! Yet my stomach has a language of it's own, and I just have to learn and understand this language.

LOL! Hey, it's a start. I am familiar with my stomach's actions, but I have to learn to accept and love my stomach, and not let it be my enemy because it has a unique temperment. When my stomach gets ticked off at something I fed it, it gets nauseated.
    <font color=RED><font size=\"4\"> FALSE EVIDENCE APPEARING REAL----fear</font>

sounds good to me.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching.

Hey sparky. I totally agree. Lately I have been feeling the same way. Good to see you on.