Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: What is this?!

Hi everyone. This might be graphic, i will try not to be though

I just got back to my room after lectures and have been feeling very very hungry. I turned the oven on to heat up then went back to my room and poured myself out a drink of coke. I had like 3 small mouthfulls then all of a sudden i was nearly sick. I had this worst pain in my stomach like it was contracting really hard and pushing up and made this horrible gurgling sound. I had drink in my mouth at the time and couldnt swallow it, i had to spit it out. Im really scared now i was sure i was going to vomit, i was having to fight off retching for a few mins then it passed and now i still feel very hungry.

Has anyone else experienced this or can give some sort of reason what happened? Im terrified to eat now but i really need to because i have a lab session tonight and if i dont eat i will get a migrane. I have a really hard time telling the difference between hunger pain and feeling sick,last time i was sick, i felt hungry. I have to leave in an hour to go back to lectures and im terrified!

Whoah, thats weird, Holly! I can't say as I've ever had anything like that, maybe you choked on your drink a bit? Or maybe you had some kind of muscle spasm?

I wouldn't worry about it, you feel ok, right? Try to eat something ^_^ Even if its just small, and you take it slowly. Our bodies do some weird things...I'm sure it wasn't anything serious!

yes def try to eat something like bread or a banana... or bring something with you
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching.

They MAY have been from drinking something carbonated on an empty stomach. When i do that immediately after swallowing soda, i get a few hard hiccups!!! You can also get very nauseaus if you were overly hungry, i know i do! So yes it was best to eat something light. Since this is a day late...how did everything turn out for you?
    For God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

If I'm hungry and I drink coke I always feel sick and lose my appetite, I refuse to drink before I eat lol Hope you felt better! Edited by: hippychick
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

Hope u r feeling beter...Im sorry.

Drinking something cold and carbonated on an empty stomach can cause gastritis, it usually goes away in about 20 minutes after your stomach empties.

Sorry, that sucks!

Hiya, thank you all for your replies. It was very strange, i drink coke on an empty stomach all the time and it never causes any problems. I didnt eat or drink anything else before going back to lectures. During my break 3 hours after my freind had some chips and i had a couple. I got home about 9pm that night and just had some plain noodles and was fine i didnt feel sick anymore. It was such a wierd feeling and it was really scary at the time!

hi are you at uni? whereabouts do you go, i left in June and i miss it so much

Hiya nicki, yes i am at university. I am studying biomedical science at the university of hertfordshire. What uni did you goto asnd what course did you study? I really enjoy my course so far, but i hate living in halls, im considering moving back home atm.

i went to Bangor and did sports science, i loved it and lived in halls all 3 years (luckily though i had ensuite). I live at home at the moment cos im doing a postgrad course and absolutely hate being at home, i feel like ive lost all control over my life!

hehe, maybe it was a hiccup?
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

mine is ensuite too nicki :P im paying for the most expensive rooms just so i can have ensuite lol. I do like having my own bathroom, although you can barely call it a room, its more like a cupboard with plumbing :P

hehe thats what mine was like, it didnt even have a shower tray, it just landed on the floor, and if you were really lucky would go under the bathroom door and flood your bedroom! I liked it because i could could keep it clean to my own standards. A couple of my friends had stomach bugs while I was there but they kept them contained (they didnt spread) which im convinced is because we all had our wn facilities.

what is it u dont like about living in halls, is it cos your worried about being ill or the people you are living with, or something else? if u ever want to chat just post on here or send me a pm

my flat is 11 people, mainly guys and im having real problems with them. Firstly the noise levels. I was expecting some noise but they take it to the extreme, its constant and so loud my whole room vibrates. This goes on all night! they run up and down the corridoor screaming all hours of the day. They are all doing things like art so dont have many lectures, my course the pressure is on already and i need to work!

The kitchen looks like a bombs hit it and it smells like something died in there. Its so dirty and im spending all my time cleaning up after them. I had a 12 hour day last week, i didnt get home till 9.30pm then had to clean the kitchen just to allow the cleaner to get in in the morning. They keep taking all my kitchen stuff, using it and not cleaning up. They also take my stuff back to thier rooms with them and dont bring it back so im missing loads of crocker and cutlery. I have bought a special washing up brush that you fill with washing up liquid and it dispenses it as you use it. The brush has refillable sponges. I hid emine in the back of my cupboard and they go through all my stuff to get it and use it and its all grimy and disgusting. I have had to buy many refills already because they make everthing to unhygienic.

im just really fed up with the total lack of respect. I asked them nicely to keep it down the othernight becase i had a 12 hour day the next day and i wanted some sleep (this was about 2am) when i went back to my room i heard them all slagging me off.

Also my flatmates are smoking and doing drugs in thier room. part of the reason i chose that hall was because it was strictly no smoking. They get around the firealarms by smoking in thier ensuite with the extractor fan on, only prob is that this then fills my ensuite!

that doesnt sound good, i had problems like that in my second year. if i were you i would head down to your halls office. you may be able to put yourself on a waiting list to move to a different flat, i did that and was moved almost immediately and my new place was great.

as far as the kitchen stuff goes, i used to keep all of mine in toyboxes under my bed and just take it into the kitchen as and when i needed to use it

I have applied to move rooms. My friend is in what is supposed to be an all girls accomodation. Its 12 girls and 1 guy. The guy did want to move into a mixed flat so we were going to swap but then he changed his mind I have applied to be moved to an all girls accomodation or one thats mainly girls. Girls tend to be a bit more mature or respectfull.

yes i would agree with that, i also found girls easier to talk to if things were going a bit wrong. i hope you get things sorted. i dont know if u have msn but if u do feel free to add me to your list and u can chat to me whenever u like, i know what its like to be doing a demanding science course (most of my friends did arts and spent most of their time watching daytime TV while i struggled with lab pracs and reading!)

Yeh sure, if anyone ever wants to chat my msn address is [email protected]

Hey sorry to be late in coming with this but I wanted to let you know that
    I have "false alarms" where I literally feel on the brink of getting sick all
    the time.I thought that that is what other people meant when they said
    they felt constant nausea, but I guess it's more severe with me.

Sometimes I will be sitting somewhere and spontaneously feel like I am
    about to vomit then and there.It's usually the worst when I'm really
    hungry I guess...or if I've had something gross like chinese or fast food.