Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Really, really scared... Please help!!

So, today I woke up feeling fine. Not n* or anything, in fact.

I wasn't really hungry, but I had no problem eating a small cup of yogurt for breakfast, and a glass of water. I continued my day as normal until lunch.

I picked up some fast food, feeling genuinely hungry, but after I took one bite, I instantly felt like not eating anymore. I didn't even feel n*, I just did not want to eat. After this episode, I got really bad anxiety (heart racing, heavy chest, sweaty palms, etc.) and my mouth seems to be filled with a LOT of saliva. A lot. Though the funny thing is that it's not like the saliva that comes up your throat before you v*, it's just... Normal saliva. Other than that, my throat feels tight.

After the initial panic attack, all of the symptoms stopped except for the saliva and the tight throat. I tried eating something light since then but I can't get past a bite or two before saliva fills my mouth and my throat grows tighter.

I know I won't throw up since I'm not even n* and my stomach doesn't hurt but... It's still scaring me horribly. To calm myself down, I've been watching TV and not really doing much of anything

Can somebody give me some reassurance? I'm still really stressed and since I still can't really eat I'm freaked out at the possibility or v*'ing...

Default Re: Really, really scared... Please help!!

You'll be fine dear
    Just a panic attack, nothing more. Sometimes I get increased saliva too. It's weird!
    Just try to stay calm and distract yourself.

What are you watching on TV?
    Please visit my progress blog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Wanting to help others. Please spread the word!

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
    "To thine self be true, then it must follow, as the night the day, that thou canst not then be false to any man."
    "The empty vessel makes the loudest sound."
    - William Shakespeare

Ahh thank you I really needed to hear that Yeah, it's a nasty cycle - I get excess saliva when I'm anxious, then I get anxious about the saliva and so on.

Well, I'm actually not actually sitting at a TV, I'm streaming from online. I really like romance anime and so I'm watching Kimi ni Todoke - which I find is super cute, calm, and relieves my stress a bit.

Sounds like classic panic attack symptoms! ARe you able to think about/ face food? Even if your not hungry to eat it. Im sure you will be fine! Just a panic attack!
    If you try and tell me a phobia is unreal. I dare you to live a day, and feel what I have to feel.

- michelle

Check out my daily blog
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    for stories, poems, and all sorts of stuff related to my emetophobia.

I'm doing a lot better now, thank you! I wasn't able to eat for a while but I had two grapes and a square of dark chocolate so I definitely know I'm not sick