Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Is this normal to think!?

I found a horror movie about people making themselves v on purpose, and for some reason my brain keeps telling me to watch and I don't really want to. Has anyone had urges to watch stuff that shows v throughout the whole thing? Like I don't know if there is something going on in my brain that's fed up with emet and wants to do something about it or what!!! Advice would be appreciated!!

Default Re: Is this normal to think!?

it's possible that you are frustrated and want to challange yourself. it won't hurt you. watch, don't watch.

Maybe, I've been wanting to just overcome this terrible phobia but when I do, I get nightmares so bad that I can't sleep for about three days. I hate thinking about it even though I try not to!

I was just thinking: when I am watching a movie and there is a scene with v..., I have to look at it even though it's freaking me out. And sometimes I look at it more than one time!! I don't know why!! Is it like a challenge like mdgirl just wrote? I don't know. But I understand what you are saying Jessica.

I'm not totally sure if I'm trying challenging myself or torture myself. Like I wanna see if it's as bad as I think it is or if it's not that bad at all. It's weird! I have no clue what's going on with my mind! It's truly confusing to me.

I'm the same, I think some of us are fascinated as well as terrified of vomit, for a lot of us it is the unknown (long may it stay that way!) and no I don't mean phile. Try and watch it and see if you can cope with it.

I started trying to watch stuff that I know has v in it to try to desensitise myself as v on tv is more 'safe' than real life v! It's not really worked so far though!

seeing v on tv doesn't bother me so I don't avoid of intentionally watch. I cover my eyes bc ewww but don't mind really. in person ad I lose my effin mind.

yeah i always watch stuff i know will trigger me..its dumb but cant help it! like ill go out of my way t get a good look at v* on the road or something (idk) and then ill panic the rest of the day. so youre not alone hahah!
    May your dreams be bigger than your fears

What is the name of that movie, Jessica? Maybe some of us have seen it and can give you advice.
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I don't think very many people know it, mainly gore lovers probably. It's called Slaughtered V* Dolls. The name makes me cringe!!!! I really regret stumbling upon it!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicaaa8 View Post
    I don't think very many people know it, mainly gore lovers probably. It's called Slaughtered V* Dolls. The name makes me cringe!!!! I really regret stumbling upon it!!
    i just watched the trailer...what the actual F
    its unique
    May your dreams be bigger than your fears

I can't find a trailer! Can someone link me?
    Morbid curiosity over here lol.

I really doubt I could get through the whole movie but I want to watch the trailer.

There was an episode of Grey's Anatomy where the main character had a stomach virus and it was very graphic. I was determined I was going to watch it, not only for desentization purposes but also because it was a very important episode!

I watched most of it....but then had a panic attack.
    M I D N I G H T

I don't think it will do any good. Emetophobia is a phobia, an extreme form of anxiety disorder in which we have tricked ourselves into thinking that v* will hurt us. I have tried watching v* on television, watching people v* it does nothing but give me a panic attack. The problem is not the v, it's the extreme fear we have of it. The fear needs to be conquered, not the v*

On another note, I think it is very normal. I get so fed up with being an emetophobe, I want to punch something. If there is some crazy treatment out there, I will try it. Unfortunately I have tried this, and it seemed to make me worse.

A good way to beat a fear though is to meet it head on. From television you know you can't catch it. And if you csn go into it knowing you may panic maybe you can keep yourself from it by knowing this isnt real. its all part of the movie. As for the bad dreams those also are not real..just a way your brain works through things. It does sou d like yiu are challenging yourself because you are allowing yourself watch you big phobia. You are in control.

I have literally NEVER posted here before but I love gory movies. Almost all of them. But not by that director. He is an (admitted) emetophile, among other things. And his reasons why he says he is makes me ill as a woman. I won't post here as they may be triggering and they are just disgusting to me (not the v* itself, honestly that isn't the worst of it). I'm sorry. I just wanted to say something.