Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default To visit or not to visit

Well, just this past Sunday, my family was invited down to my brothers house. They live over an hour away and we haven't gotten together often this summer. We really miss them. But, he called first thing Sunday morning and told us never mind...he had D* all night on Saturday and wasnt feeling up to par on Sunday. So I was thankful he called.

However, when he was all better on Monday, he made sure to text and say...please come down next Sunday for a cookout.
    I was like OK...but in the back of my mind...OMG, what if it is in their house? I don't worry so much about myself..I worry about my 3 year old son or my husband catching it.

I texted his wife today to ask who was all sick. She said only my brother was...nobody else caught it. She just thinks it was something he ate. That was Saturday...it is now Thursday. The cookout wiill be Sunday...almost a week later.
    They are very clean people.

What do I do? Make a fool of myself and don't go because of being fearful of catching something?? UGHH I hate this. I am not normal. They really miss my son and want to give him his bday gift and get together.

I told her we are coming down to visit...but still..now I am afraid! Especially for my 3 year old..
    But it also makes me feel better that nobody else caught it. So maybe it was something my brother ate.
    UGHH I don't know...
    Last edited by ren2005; 08-07-2014 at 12:22 PM.

Default Re: To visit or not to visit

I think you will be just fine. Especially if it was just him that makes me think it was something he ate too. A cook out will be good for you and fun. Just use your good hygiene and i think you will be just fine!
    If you try and tell me a phobia is unreal. I dare you to live a day, and feel what I have to feel.

- michelle

Check out my daily blog
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    for stories, poems, and all sorts of stuff related to my emetophobia.

yeah if no one else was sick and it was just d, it probably wasn't illness. go and have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by mhartse View Post
    I think you will be just fine. Especially if it was just him that makes me think it was something he ate too. A cook out will be good for you and fun. Just use your good hygiene and i think you will be just fine!
    Thank you both for your quick response. Yeah..I should just go and enjoy. I let this phobia steal my fun!
    But being a paranoid person that I am, I will probably still text him Sunday morning and ask if everyone is still OK.
    HA HA
    My poor family.

No harm in making sure everyone is healthy. That is a good idea!
    If you try and tell me a phobia is unreal. I dare you to live a day, and feel what I have to feel.

- michelle

Check out my daily blog
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    for stories, poems, and all sorts of stuff related to my emetophobia.