Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Need Some Help...Really Freaking Out

I'm really freaking out and need some help. I was down at the beach this past weekend and yesterday afternoon around 4:30 in the afternoon we went to eat at this fish place and now I don't eat fish. So instead I ordered chicken tenders with ranch dressing and the homemade potato chips that they had. Everything tasted fine, but now I am starting to feel n**** and I think it's my anxiety, but at this point who knows. I'm scared of food poisoning and getting sick. I'm terrified of this and I ate both breakfast and lunch but now I don't feel good. And I think it's my anxiety, but I'm not sure. I could really use some help.

Default Re: Need Some Help...Really Freaking Out

Also, I have some stomach cramps too, but they just feel like period cramps even though I'm not due for another 2 weeks.

Could be mid cycle cramping. So they both could be unrelated.. but causing your anxiety. FP comes on quickly i think if it were seriously you would of felt something.
    If you try and tell me a phobia is unreal. I dare you to live a day, and feel what I have to feel.

- michelle

Check out my daily blog
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    for stories, poems, and all sorts of stuff related to my emetophobia.

fp* definetly comes on quickly, I think my husband has it now..after eating some fish that was left out yesterday. he was fine one minute and the next he was v*..No warning or anything. You would definetly know if you had it.

You think so? Because I am actually really freaking out.

Yes I do think so.. how long has it been since you ate there? Normally, FP* comes on pretty quickly, if its been more than 12 hrs, you are most likely safe from the fp*.. also, it isnt something that comes on over a long period of time, or hours.. its litteraly from one minute to the next. Please, take a deep breath.. You are A ok!

if you had fp or something you wouldn't just think it, you'd know it! if you just think you feel sick but aren't sure then it's almost certainly just anxiety! scary and horrible but nothing to worry too much about. and worrying about it could easily give you cramps too! try and distract yourself to take your mind off it you'll be fine!

It's been over 24 hours since I ate there. It's still so scary. I just don't want the fp to sneak up on me. Thank you for all your support II'm just scared as I know some fp cones later.

Don't worry, FP* is usually within a couple of hours so you should be safe after 24 hours.

Sorry, I didn't realize the date of the thread as I am half asleep so feel free to remove the post mod. Shame we can't edit it.