Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Absolutely in bits

So my new house fell through last weekend and I'm staying at a friend's with lives with housemates.

I got here and I they inform me three of them have had a stomach bug in the past week, and one of them, their boyfriend has it currently and is staying at the house. I briefly hugged two of the guys who had had it a few days ago. I've been sat in the living room most of the time, the ill guy is in his room and I've gone nowhere near him. I've been to the toilet once and am washing my hands throughly and avoiding touching my face. I haven't eaten or drank anything here/used utensils. I'm sleeping on the sofa tonight. I feel surrounded by germs. One of the guys reckons it's passed on through ingesting water droplets so if we wash our hands we will be fine. Three out of five housemates have had it and now the boyfriend does. The other two housemates haven't had it yet - but one of them, their boyfriend had it on Friday and she's slept in the same bed as him since then and not caught it. One of the guys reckons there's a three day incubation period.

Is it the case you're only contagious after you have v* and the bug is out there? As I've been nowhere near the current ill guy, not in his room or anything. And also, the three guys that have had it, days ago, are they still contagious? Is this bug in the air?

I keep washing my hands but I don't like using the bathroom (though ill guy isn't using it). What more can I do? I'm leaving tomorrow and staying somewhere else. I'm scared to sleep tonight and I'm worried about sleeping on a sofa in this house breathing in germs.

Please please please help

Default Re: Absolutely in bits

That does suck and it would make me incredibly stressed too, but you CAN get out of it with out it. As long as your not around some one actively. Just keep your hands clean and away from your face.
    If you try and tell me a phobia is unreal. I dare you to live a day, and feel what I have to feel.

- michelle

Check out my daily blog
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    for stories, poems, and all sorts of stuff related to my emetophobia.

It is unlikely that your friends who had already had the sv are contagious they are fine. For the friend that is sick, you are already doing all the right things by washing your hands and sleeping in a different room. Also if the sick person remains in his room and you haven't gone near him the sv cannot even get close to you either, i'm pretty sure it's not airborne. Just keep good hygiene up and you should be fine

I've been nowhere near the sick guy. Hands nowhere near my face. Am washing hands with soap and water. I am terrified

I understand how you feel I have been in the same situation. You should be fine though as the sick guy hasn't gone near you. Try and find some distractions (headphones help) to keep your mind off things. Even stay at someone else's house if it makes you feel safer. Other than that you are doing everything right in order to avoid this sv

yeah I would be sleeping in my car until the sv left the house but honestly, just wash your hands a ton, try to stay out, use your own linens, lysol the shit out of the door handles, remote controls, etc and eat out or use your own food and plasticware. hope it passes soon.

and so sorry about your house double let down

Tried to book in to a hotel or find a friend who's awake but no joy. Going to have to stay put. And I am sleeping in the communal area of the living room/kitchen. Have spent the past hour in the garden to get out in to open air. I am sooo scared I've breathed it in. How certain are you I can't get it from those that had it a few days ago? And how certain are you it's not airborne? I promise I have been nowhere the sick guy. He's stayed in his room. Not even said hello to him. Walked past the door and that is it but his boyfriend has been coming in and out of that room and coming up to me. Not much physical contact but I'm scared he's carrying it