Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Does baking powder and warm water work?

I'm feeling really sick right now and on google it says if you mix baking powder with water it gets rid of nausea quickly. Does it work and has anyone tried it?

Default Re: Does baking powder and warm water work?

I would not do that. Warm water is fine, baking powder is not ideal to drink. Please focus on eating some carbs (crackers, handful of cereal) and sip water. better than ingesting something that may not work.

Actually, that does work. However, it's usually used for heartburn or indigestion. Basically, it just makes you pass the gas that's trapped in you. If this is anxiety nausea, it probably won't do much!

Yes, but it's supposed to be baking soda, not powder. Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I've heard that some chewable heartburn tablets are full of baking soda anyway, so I think that does work. I've heard of parents giving that to children when they have indigestion.

I bet that will taste terrible though!

I did that once because I was out of tums, but I can't remember if it was soda or powder. Whatever it was, it worked but was awful to drink. Also I used room temp water, not warm. It helps with acid problems, gas, and indigestion.

My Mom and Dad swear by that. It's warm water and baking soda, and if you have some lemon, that will help the taste. I personally don't use it, but my parents do. it is usually for trapped gas and indigestion though.

I remember when I was younger my dad had indigestion so he took that and i was scared he was going to v* so i went in their room and laid there and my dad kept waking me up with his burps hahaha
    M I D N I G H T