Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hi!

Ok, so I went to see my therapist today who was still sick with a stomach bug yesterday. And now I'm feeling sick. My stomach started feeling off a few hours ago. The obvious option would be that I'm just freaking out because I know she was sick but I'm not consciously freaking out so I don't know if this is mental or not. I searched information about the incubation period of a stomach bug and what I found said it's 1-4 days.

So my question is if I caught a stomach bug from my therapist today could I already be starting to have symptoms or is this all in my head or something else? Thanks.

*editing*....I'd also like to know how long a person is contagious after their symptoms start? My therapist was sick yesterday and the day before. Somebody please tell me if it's likely she was still contagious. Now I'm feeling even sicker. =(

TiinaEdited by: tiina

i def think it is all in your head. if its been "off" for a few hours,
    and you just saw her today, its VERY VERY VERYYYYYY unlikely youll be
    sick already. youre just nervous
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching.

It's so unlikely you would be sick so soon. The average is 3 days between contact and getting ill, though it can be a lil sooner or after, as long as you weren't kissing your therapist you won't catch it and anyway you don't know that it wasn't food poisoning. I don't think you will have caught anything at all.

xxxxxx
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

definitely.. you would not be sick the same day.
    \"This too shall pass\"

It takes about 24-48 hours and she was only contagious the day before and the day she was sick. She was not still contagious today. Also, like Hippychick said, you weren't kissing, and I am sure you washed your hands well. You will be fine and you are just stressing over it. Did she know that you were freaking out? I would have been the whole time I was there and if she knows your fear, I wonder why she even wanted you to know that she was ill?

I hate that you are so worried and it is times like this that i wish we could all be more comfort for one another. Try and relax and think positive thoughts.
    TRY to live each day like it were your last

how you doin mama?
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching.

Hi!

Thank you everybody for your responses. I didn't vomit although I got to feeling pretty sick atone point.Maybe it was all mental but not necessarily just from knowing my therapist was sick. I'm still having a hard time because of our cat having been put to sleep about two weeks ago so maybe it was partially that.

Either way thank you for your responses. The people at this forum areso nice but I can't really give back all the support cause I'm such a mental case and I don't feel like I'm like everybody else. Well anyway thanks. I started a photo album and I might add a picture of me and our cat or just a picture of him. I looked at all the pictures yesterday and Bexcelica yours looked familiar. Did you have it as an avatar before?

What's quite strange about this is that when you worry about being sick, my doctor told me that something happens in your throat and it contracts, making the chances of you v* even less than normal! Strange as it sounds, its true and i know exactly where you're coming from.

i got the bug from my sister just shortly after she had first gotten it, about 5 hours later i got it..i dunt know maybe we both got infected at the same time..?
    Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.