Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I have a question for you mothers. I have heard that kids get sick alotmainly the first few years they are in school as their immune systems get stronger. So, my question is, do you think if they are exposed to other children when they are real young, like from infancy to age 3 (say with play groups or something), their immune systems will get built uip before they start school?

I know this sounds like a strange question, but I am thinking of getting prego in the next few years and trying to figure out how I am going to deal with this. For me it is not as scary when a baby or very young kid v*s so much as when a 4, 5, 6 or 7 year old does.

Supposedly 4-7 is when kids get the most illnesses, after that age the4y have stronger immune systems and/or can get themselves to the bathroom more often when they are v*ing. So I guess ages 4-7 is what I am scared of!

If your kids are not in daycare, they won't get sick as much and then catch things when they start going to preschool. But, I stayed at home and doggone it my oldest still caught the sv* every year. The first time I was just stupid, though, and went to my sister's too soon after my nephew had it. The next time he caught it on vacation from my other nephew. My younger ones caught things from him, though, and now are healthier than he was when he started preschool.

I'm just being honest here, and don't mean to scare you, but really to me v* is worst between ages 1 - 5 because they don't know to run to the bathroom. The clean up is the worst of the whole business. But you know, I got used to it. I still don't like it, but my kids v* doesn't bother me nearly as much as other people. I guess I got slow but sure exposure therapy starting with their spit-ups.
    <font color=BLUE>~Paula~</font>

So true mommyof3!!!