Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy Having a terrible day and now this

So today was already not going well, so I've been really bummed out all day. Then tonight, I was sitting sideways on my couch when I put my face/mouth area on one of the cushions. I realized about 3 seconds later that my boyfriend had put my purse on that cushion. I had JUST moved it. I had been carrying that purse around all weekend and set it down on god knows how many gross surfaces (bar surfaces, a
    "purse bench" at a salon, etc.). I ran and washed my face and gargled with hydrogen peroxide (supposedly a disinfectant) but I'm sure I inhaled a bunch of germs. I feel like I'm doomed to catch SOMETHING. I have a busy week and I can't get sick, but you always hear how dirty your purse is...

ugh, help!

Default Re: Having a terrible day and now this

The chances of you catching something from that are basically non existent. I get that way sometimes too, like paranoid about that but really the chances are just not even there. You will be okay!
    If you try and tell me a phobia is unreal. I dare you to live a day, and feel what I have to feel.

- michelle

Check out my daily blog
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    for stories, poems, and all sorts of stuff related to my emetophobia.

you won't catch anything from a spot on your fabric sofa where something was resting. if it was wet maybe be worried. you don't need to peroxide the inside of your mouth! wipe your lips, be done. promise

I'm sure you'll be fine, since it's not like the pillow was inside your mouth, and you washed your mouth. Plus you would've had to touch with your mouth the exact spot on the pillow that the exact germy spot on the purse was touching. But I totally sympathize because I freak out about stuff exactly like this all the time. For instance, oh, my cell phone (filthy) was sitting there, and then that area touched something, etc., etc...! My husband is always telling me "you'll be fine." And I reply "promise?" Ha.