Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default A weird sort of triumph! :)

So I was happily surfing the net when my Mum cooked a roast chicken at 9 in the evening. I HATE smelling food at night, it makes me feel nauseated, not to mention that I overate a bit today so I'm bloated -Giggles-
    When I smelled the chicken I instantly felt sick, so I went outside in the garden for a little walk. Despite my body reacting in the way it usually would (heart thumping, shaking, etc), I remained TOTALLY CALM in my mindset! I kept reminding myself being sick was no big deal and even if I couldn't control what happened, I could control my reaction to it and it eased a little. Now I've made myself peppermint tea and had a BM so hopefully I'll start to feel a bit better soon
    Hope this inspires someone xx I'm doing Thrive therapy right now and that's what's helped me so far. I'm super proud of myself :3
    Will keep y'all updated!
    Claire

Default Re: A weird sort of triumph! :)

Midnight now and still nauseated, which has set off a bit of a panic in me! I won't let that be a setback though. I got myself a slice of toast and half a banana to eat

1:43 am, going to sleep now! Still feel a bit nauseated after eating but better I think so hopefully I'll feel good in the morning This was definitely a triumph!!

6am! Haven't slept yet, though I've been lying in bed since my last post. My stomach's a bit too uncomfortable to sleep but I just went and ate the other half of the banana I had earlier. So, still nauseated.. But still fairly calm :3

10am Got 3 hours of sleep and still feel rough and nauseated. How odd! I wonder when it'll go

Ate some dinner so I'm sure I'm perfectly fine now! Just a bit tired from lack of sleep XD I'm proud that I managed to lie there for 3 hours in the night with no anxiety despite how I was feeling! ^-^
    Anyway, hope someone can read this and feel inspired by it.

Well done on keeping yourself calm. Hope you are feeling better soon.