Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Question Are rotten eggs easy to identify?

Standard freak out panic over food.

I boiled 2 eggs, ate one and my mind began to drift off into food poisoning worries.

I did the egg float test before I cooked them, I remember they sat at the bottom, but I don't remember what way they were facing. All I know is they didn't float.
    But once they were cooked to how I like them (hard middle) they smelt really eggy!

I'd read that the smell of rotten egg is easy to tell, and now I'm worrying that the smell I had smelt was of rotten egg! The sell by date is the 22nd August.. it's the 20th now.

I know it sounds like a no-brainer, but I can't stop my mind from wondering and getting me all panicked.

Default Re: Are rotten eggs easy to identify?

Personnaly I would not worry. If the eggs were not floating, they are ok. Eggs are good for a long period when they are well stored in the fridge. And rotten eggs smells REALLY bad! Believe me... And you would not be able to eat it. You will be ok.

You would definitely know if it was rotten! Its one of the most foul smells ever haha

I've heard that rotten eggs smell like sulfur.

Susan