Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Needing Support Badly

I remembered this wonderful site from a while back when I was needing help. And I need help again.
    Yesterday I heard my almost 4 year old scream and got up to check on her. I was in a bedroom. My husband was u p with her and told me to go back to bed..and that she was sick. He knows all about my fear and supports me. He knew that I would go into the bedroom and lock myself in with such fear.
    My poor baby threw up for about three hours. Then was fine and back to normal. I cant cope with the fear engulfing me. The constant worrying that I will get it. I didn't leave the bedroom except to use the bathroom until she was done. And then I sst away from them. My husband used a clorax wipe to clean the couch and a doorknob he touched. He bathed and she did too. He wiped the remotes and cleaned the blanket and sheets. I took 6 showers yesterday and four today so far trying to keep clean and germ free.
    I did accidentally touch my face. Just didn't think and did it. I haven't eaten now since Tuesday evening and its Thursday evening. My husband is at work saying he feels fine so far but I am terrified. Please..someone help me. I am so bad this time that I have pudhed my baby away when she wanted a hug. I have today hugged her. She kisses my arm but wants me to and I can't. My husband and I both are trying to explain it to her but shes little and of course doesn't understand. Please God don't let me get the sv!!!

Default Re: Needing Support Badly

I totally understand how you feel, there's nothing worse than a sick child! I hate having to be around mine when they are ill. I am sure you'll be fine, I have dealt with my 2 having bugs before without catching it. Your husband sounds like such a great help! Mine will deal with them when he's around but he always makes an excuse to leave for work early leaving me to deal with the rest!!!

He is a great help understanding or try to understand my fears. I am so thankful and would lost without him.
    I hate how much this controls me. I have been awake and asleep all night worrying. Haven't eaten in a few days. I cry off and on with feeling like I won't get through it. Deep down I know I will. It's just HARD. I don't know how to cope.

You will get through it and be stronger for it!!! I was terrified every time my little boy was sick, which was/is a lot. Little kids get stuff that we already have immunity to and with your good hygine, you most likely will not get it! Give that baby a hug, you'll feel better! Kids get sick, a lot.. it does get easier, I promise. If you have something to take to calm down, take it and try to relax.

I do have Ativan. I am thinking about taking some to get me through.
    1130 wil be 72 hours since she was sick the last time. I dont know why this time has been so much harder.