Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default My daughter has D* :(

Earlier my two year old had a pretty runny looking diaper, but it had some solidness to it, so I figured it was nothing. She just went again (maybe 1.5 hours later) and this time it was pretty much just liquid. My mind is going 1000mph right now!!! My mom said they had a lot of juice and two popsicles today, but there have been days where they have had all that and she never had D*. I can't even eat now. I'm starving and I'm scared to eat because I'm scared this D* will lead to V*.

I can't take this anxiety anymore!! Normally I don't freak out about her diapers because they are never completely solid, but this was so watery. I'm absolutely freaking out now. I can't even think straight.

I pray she is not sick. I really can't handle this right now. My husband doesn't get off work for another 3 days and I can't handle this on my own. I feel like a mess.

Default Re: My daughter has D* :(

Try not to panic, she most probably won't v. My daughters have had d before without v'ing, I know from experience that doesn't stop the panic setting in. It's awful being an emet mum. Before I had kids never thought I would be able to handle it if my child v'ed but it's happened before and I have had to cope! Do you have anyone to come help you if anything happens?

If she's acting normal it's NOT a virus. Kids get that, especially in the summer. Kids dehydrate easily and then they put liquids into their intestinal tract which speeds up to get the hydration they need in turn causing loose stool. My boys OFTEN have runny poos in the summer months. Seriously, it's nothing. If she's eating, drinking and generally acting normal I am CERTAIN that she's totally fine. Runny diapers are gross though, so sorry you have to deal with that!

I agree..as long as she is acting normal and energy is fine I wouldn't worry. Theur little tummies and intestines dont tske much to upset. My 3.5 year old has had loose stools without having any viruses.
    And being a Mom with emet is very hard. My dsughter was v* Wednesday and I have been freaked out horribly since. And can't eat. My husband fortunately knows about emet and he took care of her. But every weird feeling I have or he goes to the bathroom a d I fear it.
    Oh and btw..just because alot if juice didnt bother her at one point doesn't mesn it couldn't another time.

She was fine and had solid poop the next day...Now I have had d* for two days but I think it might just be MY stomach, because if you look at my history, I get this quite often. My mom was running a high fever last night so now I'm worried we are going to catch whatever she had. I am not looking forward to sick season. BLAH.