Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Question Always anxious about food. Now it's ice cream. Help please?

I barely ever eat ice cream or anything unhealthy, but today I wanted one because I'm underweight and trying to gain weight. I just thought that I could enjoy an ice cream for once. My dad bought one but when he got home I noticed that the ice cream had melted quite a lot. It wasn't dripping or anything though. I still ate half of it, but then the anxiety got too much so I put the ice cream in the garbage. I'm still anxious though.

Do you guys think it was alright? It was still cold, but definitely not frozen. It was a sandwich ice cream and when you pressed it, it was really soft.

My mom thinks I'm overreacting but I started crying because I got so anxious. I feel like I can't eat anything without worrying (that's why I'm underweight).

Default Re: Always anxious about food. Now it's ice cream. Help please?

I forgot to add that I've heard that melted ice cream can build bacteria, that's why I'm worried.

Id say you are just fine. Ive ate melted melted ice cream, like liquid before and have been fine. What do you think happens in the winter? Your okay!
    If you try and tell me a phobia is unreal. I dare you to live a day, and feel what I have to feel.

- michelle

Check out my daily blog
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    for stories, poems, and all sorts of stuff related to my emetophobia.

You're definitely okay. I have eaten melted ice cream a ton in my life. My favorite way actually. And I have always been fine.

I don't think you're getting your information from a valid source. Yes, perhaps melted ice cream left for days on end can develop bacteria but the concept that once ice cream is melted it's dangerous to eat is RIDICULOUS! People drink milkshakes every day! You mix up the ice cream with milk until it's thick and MELTED! My husband NEVER eats his ice cream until it HAS melted. Wish I could have finished it for you - mmmmmm, I LOVE ice cream!
    Last edited by Syrup; 08-25-2014 at 10:45 PM.

Oh you would've been totally fine! I remember when I was a kid I used to let my bowl of ice cream melt before I'd eat it, and then slurp it like soup haha where did you hear melted ice cream builds bacteria? thats bogus...

My mom always lets her ice cream melt before she eats it, as does my dad. Totally safe, don't worry!

I've softened my ice cream in the microwave since I was a kid and nothing bad ever happened.