Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Travel help

Default Travel help

Everytime I travel my anxiety makes me so sick pooping non stop and stomach ache I try so hard to be normal but just can't anyone else get like this

Default Re: Travel help

I understand. There are so many places I want to travel but my anxiety makes it really hard. Are you on any medications? What exactly is scaring you the most?

I get what I call "scaredy farts" when I get anxiety. Anytime I feel anxious, I feel like I need to go to the bathroom IMMEDIATELY. If I hear that someone else is sick, even if that person isn't near me, I get stomach cramps. My anxiety gives me a lot of bathroom and tummy issues which just makes my initial fear that much worse. *sigh* I totally understand. Traveling is bad for me as well. Especially if I have to room with other people. What if they get sick? What if I order something bad at a restaurant? It's bad for me.

I travel with my anxiety medication and if I don't want to use that, I always have Dramamine. It's for motion sickness, but it does help nausea and if anything, I feel better just knowing it's with me.

I understandhow you feel as well. For me, it doesnt have to be travel that gets my anxiety revving, it can be a simple dinner party or going to visit my mother-in-law! I get n* and scared of course.

Like Courtney23 i also keep a stash of drowsy and non-drowsy gravol with me at all times, and a little bottle of lavender oil. Its calming , I put a little dab on my temples when i need to telax.

Well thanks you guys. I made it home and all is good again. Now just everyday things to deal with once again.