Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hi guys,well after all the support and reassurance i got from u guys yesterday about my aunty expecting so much from me,if no-one read the post it was title "People's Expectations".i made a goal this week to not only go over the field with the dog twice a day but i decided to try and drive my car again after many months possibly a year......i was only going to go around the block as i wanted to start off small,but i noticed my tyre was flat so i drove to the garage up the road,about 1 min away....When i got there i had to pay for the air and i didn't take any money with me,so i decided to just drive for a while and c how far i could go............Well i was so pleased i took a good 15mins drive which took me even on the motorway.....My adrenilin was going but not through nerves just excitement....I haven't tried to drive for a while as the pannic attacks were getting so bad i felt like i would lose control of the car,but i had no feeling like that today and even drove with my music blarring and sung along to the music LOL!!!! I know some people will read this and probably think,yeah and!!!!! But as i've been agrophobic for 2yrs this is such a big step for me.....The tablets that i have been taken for the last 6 weeks seem to be helping...I'm just so happy at the moment....and i know there will be days that i might not achieve so much but today i feel on top of the world,it was only yesterday that i was saying whats the point of trying when people knock u back all the time,but i'm going to rise above it and try for myself and secondly u lot!!!!!!! because the words and understanding people here are the ones that have helped me get to where i am.....Take care vicky xx

Congratulations Vicky!! I did read your other post and can tell that this is a HUGE thing for you! Good for you! I'm happy for you!

Yeah!!![img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

Vicky!!

That is a huge accomplishment and you should feel very good about yourself and what you can do when you put your mind to it!!!

GREAT JOB!</font>
    Debbie

YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOHOOOOO

Vicky *Big hugs* for you!!! WOW I am so impressed. But not shocked because i knew you could do this!! you are so much stronger than you think girl, and even when you have a bad day you know deep dwon you CAN acheive things

The things you don't expect are the best! no time to worry or talk yourself out of it, you just get out there and enjoy every second!!!!

Keep up the good work

SOOOO PROUD!!!!
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

YAY!!! Vicky, that is AWESOME! I'm so happy for you! And proud of you as I'm sure you are too! This is so wonderful, you've made my day! You will overcome!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

That is so great. I'm not agoraphobic, so I can't
    imagine what you must be going through. All I know is that it sounds
    like you have a wonderful attitude about it all.

It doesn't matter how simple something is to someone else... if you are
    terrified of something and you do it anyway, that makes you really
    brave. If you keep progressing like you did yesterday, you will be
    cruising around for fun in no time, with no worries at all! Good
    luck.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]</font>

VICKY!!!! THAT'S AWSOME!!!!! That's not a step, that's a GIANTLEAP[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]!!!!! I'M SOOOO PROUD OF YOU!!!! GREAT GREAT job!!!! [img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

Every little step or leap (in your case[img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]) makes you that much stronger and that much closer to getting better!!!

I hope you continue to progress just like you did that day!!!

KEEP IT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!
    *~NEHA~*
    Smile & God Bless!!!
    The Only Thing We Have To Fear Is Fear Itself- Franklin Delano Roosevelt

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Wow Vicky,

That's so cool. I knew you could do it. Just keep trying a little bit every day - that's the trick. Also, don't get discouraged if you have a panic attack sometime when you're out. Don't think it's back to the beginning for you - it isn't. This would be a normal thing. The trick is not to fear the panic attacks. Because they don't actually harm you in any way, and you wouldn't "lose control of your car". Think of it - just because your heart is beating fast, you're sweating or trembling, or you just got a load of adrenalyn doesn't make you lost control of your car (or anything else). In fact, most times a person can feel a panic attack coming on...it gets more and more intense until it sort of 'peaks' (in about 10 minutes) and then it just goes away. Next time it happens, just sort of greet it by saying "hello" or something. Or "oh here it is again" - it's okay; I'm in no danger.

Remember the danger is not real it's just your brain malfunctioning in this regard. There's really nothing to be afraid of.

Anyway, I digress. The point is, you did great - you didn't panic. Keep going!
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.