Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default It happened, and I'm perfectly fine

So today I v*d out of nowhere, and I was totally fine. It was pretty embarrassing though. I was spending the day with my bf and all of a sudden I felt really really n*. So I told him and he tried to help me while I attempted to ride it out. I hadn't eaten enough and it was really hot, so it was pretty normal for me to feel n*, but usually I can just do some deep breathing and then it passes. Not so today however; before I could even register what was happening I v*d all over myself and the floor. He was super sweet about it-he patted my back and said things in a soothing voice the whole time it was happening, and he helped me clean up a bit too. He didn't act disgusted or irritated at all afterwards and reassured me that it happens to everyone. Today's episode was the safest I have ever felt v*ing. It was gross, but I don't feel anxious (I'm actually in a really good mood right now), and since it's happened I've felt perfectly normal physically as well. A very strange and random experience, but I consider my (calm) reaction to it a major triumph!

Default Re: It happened, and I'm perfectly fine

wow your story actually sounds shockingly surreal. I know many others are going to ask questions but I just want to give you a hug and thank you for posting about it in such a clear, unemotional way. It sounds...normal. Like pooping or breathing. Good job on the BF, by the way. He sounds like a keeper.

Wow. See, if thats how all episodes were, I don't think id fear it so much! Congrats, Im glad you did so well.
    If you try and tell me a phobia is unreal. I dare you to live a day, and feel what I have to feel.

- michelle

Check out my daily blog
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    for stories, poems, and all sorts of stuff related to my emetophobia.

Wow. You sound so calm. Thanks for describing it so matter-of-fact. I would've been in total nervous breakdown territory. Just reading it, my heart is pounding.

Nope, that is one of my biggest fears - v* out of nowhere with no warning! Aahhhh! Well done you though, definitely a triumph.

Thank you all for your support!

Good for you!!!