Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Ugh so done, need to talk (woman stuff)

I am at the end of day two of my period and am feeling like complete crap. The day I was supposed to get it, all day i felt qwezy and yucky. I got it in the middle of the night and then yesterday was the first full day and today. I played tennis for an hour in hot weather but was feeling energy etc after taking two aleve. Now I'm exhausted, my head hurts, my ears hurt, hot flashes, bad baddddd gas, heavy flow, n*, dizzy. I'm so sick of feeling like road kill for a week every month! Am I the only one that literally feels horrible all the time! Gahhhhh

Default Re: Ugh so done, need to talk (woman stuff)

I feel awful for a day before and 2-3 days during. my everything hurts, I cry easily and feel insane. I feel your pain...I'm there later this week :/

My emotions are rediculous! You'd think they'd make meds better then birth control for what we go through!

Nope, I feel like complete crap for 1-3 days. I envy people who's period never interrupts their lives

Quote Originally Posted by NicManri View Post
    Nope, I feel like complete crap for 1-3 days. I envy people who's period never interrupts their lives
    Omg that must be horrible I used to get n* on first day but it went away after half an hour to an hour. When I first got my period (4/5 years ago) it was heavier. Now, I barely use 1 pad a day and I get nothing overnight. Maybe you could try exercising?? I know that helps in reducing pain and flow. Please don't envy me, I'm surprised I'm like this!! My mum always had heavy periods, but I don't know what happened to me.
    "For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone" - Audrey Hepburn

I couldn't describe it better than how you just did! Roadkill is exactly how I feel. Dirty, gross. No matter how much you shower and keep fresh, you still feel nasty! A heat pad of some sort is your best friend! And of course, lay off any sugar or fast food (although I know how tempting it is!!)

My period is awful for 2-3 days I am in agony with stomach, back and leg cramps sometimes the pain makes me feel n* and feel like I want to pass out. I know how you feel

Honey I am with you. I'm on day 2 right now (always the worst day) and I am suffering. Super nauseous, bloated, tired and miserable. I wish we could get time off work for this crap because boy do I feel useless today!!

I totally feel you. I get flu-like symptoms for sometimes 3 days before it comes (exhaustion, body aches, headache, queasiness etc). Last week I woke up with it and tried to 'beat the cramps' by taking a Piloxing class. That was SUCH a bad idea. I cramped up so bad that I spent 2 hours rolled into a ball on my bed - it felt like a charlie horse on the left side of my belly and down my leg. I almost called my mom to take me to the ER! Don't believe that whole "exercise makes them go away", BS. It's so not true! LOL.
    -Jenni

"Look for love and evidence that you're worth keeping." PJ

Quote Originally Posted by NaiveAndTrue View Post
    I totally feel you. I get flu-like symptoms for sometimes 3 days before it comes (exhaustion, body aches, headache, queasiness etc). Last week I woke up with it and tried to 'beat the cramps' by taking a Piloxing class. That was SUCH a bad idea. I cramped up so bad that I spent 2 hours rolled into a ball on my bed - it felt like a charlie horse on the left side of my belly and down my leg. I almost called my mom to take me to the ER! Don't believe that whole "exercise makes them go away", BS. It's so not true! LOL.
    LOL this is so true!!! I went to a cardio barre class one day when I was having really bad cramps because I thought all the stretching and everything would help the pain. WRONG! It made it so much worse I almost passed out right in the middle of the everybody. I basically had to sit down on the floor for the rest of the class, so embarrassing! It's best to just take it easy with a heating pad or hot shower

What a good point!!!! It feels just like a Charlie horse in my abdomen!!!!!!!! I'm so glad I'm not alone, we need to have a building in every town for emets to go and snuggle with heating pads, talk and hibernate for a week on our periods!

I still recommend light exercises, just walking around a bit helps your mood if nothing else. Heat, midol/pamprin, eat well and exercise throughout the whole month, not just during your period. Talk to your doctor about the pill or the mini pill

If I'm not super n* and the weathers not too bad taking a walk does help a little bit. Don't think I would feel good enough or have enough energy for any other type of exercise. My pain is mostly in my back and down into my butt and hips, is anyone else like that? Or know why that happens?

I get the back and butt pain too!!!!! Like it
    hurts to stand up!

I'm on day 2 and I get PMS about a week before. Horrid gas, cramps, loose stool, headaches, sore throat, and so on. It last through about 3 or 4 days. I get throat N* too. Lovely isn't it? Hot baths always make me feel better

This week I've had really bad dizziness, headaches, body aches, insomnia, nightmares....I even v* the other day but I think that was unrelated to PMS. I can't wait until the cramps kick in in a couple days! *heavy sarcasm*

You v* the other day?!?!?!

Whoops I'm sorry! I have a post explaining the incident, but I probably shouldn't have casually just dropped it like that, wow that was stupid of me!