Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Does anyone else feel like this?

Sometimes, if I have to touch something gross (the ATM machine or a door handle) I will wash my hands at the earliest opportunity, but my hands still feel "dirty" to me. I will feel as though I didn't really get all of the germs off of my hands. I have to wash them another 1-2 times before I feel comfortable enough to eat or touch my face.

I realize how irrational it is, and it's something I am really trying to work on. Does anyone else struggle with persistent or obsessive thoughts like this, even when they are totally illogical?

Default Re: Does anyone else feel like this?

i feel like that all the time. Its like, I don't trust my own hand washing or something. Its weird.
    If you try and tell me a phobia is unreal. I dare you to live a day, and feel what I have to feel.

- michelle

Check out my daily blog
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    for stories, poems, and all sorts of stuff related to my emetophobia.

Yup! Sometimes I have to wash my hands twice and that doesn't always feel like enough

I'm like that too. If I touch a bin or something I think isn't clean I can 'feel' the dirt on my hands. Most of the time once I wash them it makes me feel better. In the winter I always have dry sore hands from all the hand washing, but I've even had it through summer this year too!

I have been doing that for a while now. My hands are scabbed on the top from washing them so much the past two weeks. I will wash them once, dry them, stand there for a minute and think about how I probably missed the worst germs, wash again, rinse, wash again, dry...Then I might wash them again after that. -_- It's completely out of control.