Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Co-Worker was s*, i thought we were safe during summer!!

Hey everyone

One of my coworkers came down with a sv* 3 days ago. I saw him the night he started to have symptoms and am worried to death i've done something to contaminate myself. I haven't been as careful as i usually am, which has me worried.
    Granted he went home right when he started feeling s*, but now he's back and I know he's going to be contagious for the next couple of weeks.
    Its been worrying me so much that I had a dream I got it last night. I hate this phobia because i've been doing so well with it and now I'm stressing out like no other.

Default Re: Co-Worker was s*, i thought we were safe during summer!!

Unfortunately viruses are around all year, they just seem more common during winter. If it was 3 days ago that your colleague was ill you should be o.k. I doubt you'll get it now.

if it was 3 days since he was sick and you haven't come down with it, you are totally good! I know its hard to worry but it would of hit by now!
    If you try and tell me a phobia is unreal. I dare you to live a day, and feel what I have to feel.

- michelle

Check out my daily blog
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    for stories, poems, and all sorts of stuff related to my emetophobia.

Thanks for the replies pogo pig and mhartse.

My concerns is that I've read incubation period can be up to 72 hours, and who knows if i've touched the same things he's touched; for example a door handle/chair/table. Since he's still contagious, he could be spreading the virus every freakin where. So annoying.

Keep washing your hands and stay away from him. Make sure you eat well, get lots of sleep, and drink lots of water and you should be fine!

At this point as long as he's washing his hands after going #2 he's not spreading it anywhere. I know it's a lot harder to rationalize when it's happening to you, but he stayed out of work for 72 hours, like he should have, and you wernt around him while he was actively sick. Just wash your hands before eating or touching your mouth and you'll be ok.

Oh and if it makes you feel better bring some bleach whipes and wipe the door handles down

Thanks for the replies!!
    I've been doing all of that and was feeling somewhat better until just now..I guess a woman just left work s* and left her lunch on the side of the road on her way back home. And this guy who was previously s* will not get tf away from me gah!

Also is it possible to contract the sv* thru a cut? I have a cut in my finger and forgot to put a band aid on it. I probably touched a few questionably surfaces so now I'm worrying about that

No the SV is only spread in infectious v* and in fecal particles. It isn't even transmitted in saliva except right after a person has v*ed. If he washes after going #2 then you have NO worries, if not, as long as you are a little extra careful with your hand hygiene, then you really have no worries. Most cases I have experienced or hear about through the forums come from a sick significant other or family member that you're in close contact with or from an infected food handler. Picking it up from someone who has recovered is not impossible but I get the idea that it is fairly uncommon as long as it's been at least 24 hrs since their last symptom.

Thanks for replying jkl81. I was doing pretty well with anxiety but earlier today before i got to work, i saw a small stain on my pants...guess what I did. I licked my finger to rub it off. I immediately realized it and started spitting and using a napkin to rub the surface of my tongue clean lol. I'm sure I looked stupid. But now I'm worried to DEATH about it. I touched a few very public gas station door handles with the same freaking finger.
    My stomach feels really really off and I have a huge headache...not doing so well.