Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: airborne risk?

Default airborne risk?

Hello all, this is my first post, looking for some info and reassurance I guess.

I recently begun yet another round of cbt, this time combining it with mindfulness and meditation techniques that I 've picked up iver the years from Buddhism.

I feel like iv been doing ok with graduated exposures (im only on the second one lol, but still!)

But today im having a freak out.

Im aware there is a sv going round in my area as my mumand sister had it last week. Thankfully I dont see them much!

Today I was forced to use a public loo in tesco to wash my hands after my dog rolled in fox poo, I didnt have any on me but felt I really had to wash them, but as I stood washing my hands, loving the automated taps, I thought I could smell v* and left asap incase someone had recently v* in there and it was still airborne.

I immediately went to the healthcare isle and sniffed some tea tree oil in the hopes it would kill any viral particals in my nose, but im in panic mode :-(

I remember reading on here that the virus is only airborne pr a limited time after v* and I wonderes how long that is?

I guess I just have to wait out the next 48 hours and hooe im ok. Is there anything ese I can do?

Normally I drink lemongrass tea and burn essential oils but im 7 months pregnant so cant at the mo.

Thanks in advance xxx

Default Re: airborne risk?

What I've understood about the airborne bit, the v particles are only in the air during, and a few seconds after? But I'm not too sure. Either way, you shouldn't worry. x
    Jon Miazma Watsky forever <3

Default Re: airborne risk?

Yeah I've read conflicting information but Im pretty sure that the particles are only airborne from some one V and then they settle onto surfaces. So you really have to be around them, and if your outside then the air pretty much cancels it out. You should be fine!
    If you try and tell me a phobia is unreal. I dare you to live a day, and feel what I have to feel.

- michelle

Check out my daily blog
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    for stories, poems, and all sorts of stuff related to my emetophobia.