Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: my kid is v

Default my kid is v

She's had a stomach bug for 3 days now. I've been naturally freaking out of course. I've washed my hands till their rashy and dissenfected everything with bleach water. I don't have access to the color hydrogen wipes.... I have lysol and bleach . I'm terrified of getting it. My question is how in the world do I clean my couch?? She's v on it 3 times in the same spot and I've cleaned it with hot soapy water but it doesn't feel like enough. I sprayed lysol on it too. It's made out of the microfiber type material. It's like fake microfober. How can I clean it to dissenfect? My covers don't come off or I'd just wash them... HELP?

Default Re: my kid is v

yikes. Im sorry this is happening to you! Sounds like your doing what you can. If it were me, id spray lysol on it till its almost soaking, and let it sit, do that a few times and its gotta get it clean.
    If you try and tell me a phobia is unreal. I dare you to live a day, and feel what I have to feel.

- michelle

Check out my daily blog
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    for stories, poems, and all sorts of stuff related to my emetophobia.

agreed that Lysol is your best line of defense. can you cover it with a towel for a week or so and keep spraying? that'd be my plan.

This is what I do and some may think I'm weird for doing it but it has always seemed to work. I also have a microfiber couch. I will clean up the 'big stuff' and then pour boiling hot water right on the spot and then let it sit for a few minutes. I then suck up the water with my carpet cleaner and spray Lysol on the spot. I also do that when my kids V on th carpet. It seems to do the trick and I've never damaged any of my belongings doing it. I don't leave the water sitting there to evaporate or anything, I've always been worried about mold, which is why I use the carpet cleaner to suck the water (and hopefully dead virus) up.

Quote Originally Posted by mhartse View Post
    yikes. Im sorry this is happening to you! Sounds like your doing what you can. If it were me, id spray lysol on it till its almost soaking, and let it sit, do that a few times and its gotta get it clean.

I've convinced myself that I'm sick since the first v.... I'm obviously not as I have not v but ohhhh the nausea. I can half tell it's in my head but the other half is screaming what if?! I've been soaking it with lysol even though lysol doesn't kill stomach bug..... I'd dump bleach on my couch if I could :O.
    I haven't even sat on that side of the couch in days! I'm going to scrub it again and then let lysol sit and scrub again!

I'm so sorry you're going through this. Just so you know, Lysol Brand III spray WILL kill the virus if you spray a surface until soaking wet and let it dry for at least 10 minutes. It says so right on the can. (I once used it on my pillows after my boyfriend and I had colds. I had houseguests use the pillows and they never caught our colds.)

If spray Lysol 3 on it a few times and if you have a steam cleaner I'd use that too.

Sorry you're going through this I hope your little one feels better soon. I know usually to take out stains from our microfiber couch we use Windex. It might also help as a disinfectant given that it's ammonia.

Hope your little one is better now? I don't know if it would damage your sofa as mine is just material and faux suede but I tend to spray with anti bacterial spray and scrub with hot water. When my kids are ill I set them up with a bucket but I cover the sofa in towels in case of any accidents.