Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default sore throat, stomach ache

Whenever I get cold-like symptoms I always think about v* too. Usually I think about it without cause, but tonight, along with a VERY random sore throat that sort of just sprung up out of nowhere and I am SO ANGRY at my body for doing this to me, my stomach is starting to hurt.

It is currently 12:37 a.m. and I have to teach tomorrow at 8 a.m. I'm freaking out. I am so uncomfortable in between the stupid sore throat and the stomach ache. I think the stomach ache is from chugging hot water with lemon and honey in it. I was in bed getting frustrated at this stupid random sore throat (does anyone else react so immaturely and intensely to sore throats? They really are the worst) so I got up and made myself some hot water with lemon and honey. I tried to drink it pretty fast, in need of instant relief and to make sure that I drank it before the water cooled off. Then I laid down, with all that liquid in me.

I really need to go to bed and I absolutely cannot cancel class tomorrow. This sucks so much, why body WHY?!?!??!

Default Re: sore throat, stomach ache

It's just a cold so don't worry. Did you manage to get some sleep?
    "Worrying is a waste of time. It doesn't change anything, it just messes with your mind and steals your happines."

I ended up getting an extremely fitful, fever dream night of sleep--the worst kind :/

Quote Originally Posted by alesh31 View Post
    I ended up getting an extremely fitful, fever dream night of sleep--the worst kind :/
    It could have been Acid Reflux, it usually happens when you eat drink something too quickly and then lie down. I'm going through this right now and it's not fun to cope with the nausea.

Yes, I also act irrationally about sore throats. I get so angry because I wonder 'how did this happen?' and then I start worrying about how bad it's going to get, and how will I feel at work, will I take a sick day, or two, etc. I get so upset that I can't sleep, which of course makes it worse.