Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Good vitamins for sensitive stomachs?

Name a vitamin and I'm probably deficient of it lol.

Any multivitamins or anything that won't have heavy effects? I used to take a vitamin a few years ago until I found out that they kinda suck. (side effects killed me)

Default Re: Good vitamins for sensitive stomachs?

I get the adult gummy ones, I have a very sensitive stomach and they don't bother me

For vitamins, I like the gummy ones too! For other supplements, I like activated charcoal and peppermint oil capsules. Before I got diagnosed with celiac disease, I took every anti-gas and anti-bloating pill known to man. These worked well for me. Just don't take activated charcoal 2 hours before or after taking any other vitamins or medication- it's so absorbent that it can soak up the other meds!

On the other side, I would stay away from iron pills. I took them for anemia, and I felt like I had a lot of trapped gas (sorry TMI). I did some research and found that sometimes Iron pills can give people mild n* too.

Where do you get these gummy vitamins? Has anyone taken any other kind of supplements like cranberry pills with Vitamin C? It seems harmless buttttt you never know.

centrum chewable a are great and highly recommended for gastric bypass patients even

I find them at any store, however I was in Costco the other day and got two bottle for the price of one in the grocery store. I've had cranberry capsules when I had a uti they didn't make me sick or anything I just hate capsules, and id burp and taste it all day.

i think you can take almost anything without iron in it. Iron is what upsets your stomach.

but gummy vitamins are the shit and i lvoe them

I was taking a women's multivitamin from Trader Joe's that are supposed to be gentle on the stomach for a while.. they didn't bother me for a few months, but then I suddenly started feeling icky after every pill I took. =( I was convinced I had no other options, but maybe these gummy ones you guys are talking about will work. I need something for the cold winter ahead!

Never take them on an empty stomach either. I get the regular daily ones not the women's, read the labeles because the women's vitamins tend to have more iron which is hard on the stomach

If you can find one that is a whole foods vitamin, they are gentler on your belly. Eat before you take them too.