Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default help! possible low blood sugar but not sure

Hey so I was wondering if anyone might be able to help. I haven't been eating much for the past few days because my anxiety has been worse due to starting back at college and I haven't had much of an appetite. But this morning I woke up with a really awful headache and really bad n*. At first I assumed it was just low blood sugar (which has happened to me before and it made me v* when I eventually did eat something as there was too much acid building up in my stomach) but now I am starting to panic that it could be something else like flu and am too scared to eat in case it makes me v* I am absolutely terrified and I am supposed to have a lesson this afternoon but don't want to go if I feel ill because then I might get ill in front of my whole class I really don't know what to do, I shouldn't really miss my lesson because it is first week back and my attendance was really bad last year as well so I could get thrown off of my course if I miss a lesson so early in the year. Any advice would be really appreciated, I am so scared!! Xo

Default Re: help! possible low blood sugar but not sure

Hi, hope you're feeling better by now. I would definitely drink something, make sure you're hydrated enough, and eat something plain as well. If you don't eat, the low blood sugar stuff will just get worse. It's probably not anything worse than that. To keep yourself "stable" you should eat frequently. I get very shaky and light headed if I don't eat like every 3 hours or so. Good luck!

Default Re: help! possible low blood sugar but not sure

Thank you!! I have been drinking water all day and managed to have a little biscuit about an hour ago so I think I'm starting to feel a bit better. Still light headed but the n* seems to have gone, thank goodness xo