Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Meh,

Default Meh,

okay so I started back at college and I am taking dance 4 times A week and my mom said that It can help with anxiety along with my immune system NoW my question is does it help the immune system fight off sicknesses and do I have less of a chance getting the stomach virus because I am dancing and working out a lot now

Default Re: Meh,

Yes it will definitely help

I think what she is wanting to say is exercising or dance type things help with anxiety and depression and in turn that will help with your immune system. Getting rid of stress is beneficial in all sorts of ways. It could make your body stronger and thus symptoms could be milder or maybe even not get sick. Does that make sense? It's not that its a gurantee that you will never get sick again but can protect you better. Vitamins and appropriate diet is good as well

I'm not sure if a good immune system has anything to do with an SV? I know it helps with cold and flu but I always thought SV were dependent on how much you ingest and what strand it is. I know there has been some research that indicates that different blood types may react differently to it though.

Well doesn't the severity of an illness has to do with how good the body is at fighting it off?

I rarely get them. I had one when i was 5 or 6 and didnt have one again til last year. I would say my immune system is pretty strong considering I am always around it