Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Exclamation Sickness Bug or Food Poisoning?

My boyfriend v* yesterday (Thursday) twice and slept all day. Today he has been fine, just says he's feeling a little light headed. We don't know if it is a bug that hes had or whether it was something he ate? But he had no other symptoms other than v* twice and dizziness, no d*.
    I am supposed to be seeing him tomorrow (Saturday) and we are meant to be going out in the evening but I am so unsure about seeing him, even though it will have been 48+ hours since he v* when I see him?
    He knows about my phobia and understands, but I just really don't want to catch anything!
    How can I determine whether he had a bug or food poisoning?
    ATM I'm just going with worst case scenario that he's had a bug!
    I'm also unsure of when is safe for me to kiss him again!?
    Please help!

Default Re: Sickness Bug or Food Poisoning?

I don't know, I think I wouldn't go out with him, but that's just me. I also think one can catch an sv through saliva. Although, many people here will say they kissed their boyfriend/husband and were fine so there is a chance, but if you say he understands you, I would avoid kissing. Well, I wrote I wouldn't go, but I think you won't catch it if you go (I'm being rational now, but as I said I wouldn't go - irrational, I know, but that's emetophobia doing.) Last year I had a birthday party on Saturday and my really good friend had an sv on Wednesday, she was feeling ill on Friday too, I was so so scared we'll all catch it, but nobody cought it! And we went to a club and we were all so close dancing and yelling and we had a sleepover and everything was fine so you probably won't catch anything if you go. At that time I even thought about canceling the party, but I'm proud I got through that
    "Worrying is a waste of time. It doesn't change anything, it just messes with your mind and steals your happines."

Thanks for your reply. I only joined this site today and it's so reassuring to know there are others that understand how I think and feel! Normally I would have just sat on my own working myself up about all the little things I don't feel I can talk to anyone about!

I really don't want to have to cancel my plans for tomorrow, as it's my best friends 21st surprise party we are meant to be going to and we have bought costumes etc...

As far as I know, his parents or sister have not come down with anything, so I'm hoping it may just have been something he ate...

He already knows I don't feel comfortable enough to kiss him yet. He sounds so understanding, but he probably secretly thinks I've lost the plot!

I think you should go but limit your contact with him. Just let him know there will be no kissing, touching, intercourse, etc. this weekend. But also let him know you will make up for lost time starting on Monday. Be sure to also wash your hands frequently and avoid touching your face. Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Gumdropper's advice (Doug) is more rational. Go but don't do a lot of close contact and wash hands all the time.

Just wash your hands and you should be fine, your going out so you don't have to worry about contaminated surfaces at his place and he's not preparing your food so your chancing of getting it from him are very very slim. I wouldn't let him mouth kiss me but, other than that you should be just fine