Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Exclamation Roommate is sick

Okay so I've been doing pretty well dealing with my fear here lately. That is, until today. My roommate here at school has come down with some kind of sickness. She has a lowgrade fever and she's coughing. That's been her only symptoms until tonight when I left for work. I ran into her when I got back and she was going to Walmart. When she came back, she said that she V* in the Walmart parking lot. She said she ate goldfish a few hours ago, and had been nauseous ever since. I let her know that this kind of thing scares me and she said she shouldn't have told me. Then she told me her stomach isn't bothering her anymore, but I'm worried she's lying. And we live in such close quarters. I'm freaking out. Please someone help.

Default Re: Roommate is sick

Hi there, I lived in a dorm just two years ago and never got sick from my roommate even though we shared very close quarters! Not to mention, I shared a bathroom with about 8 other girls on my floor and never got sick. Sometimes I would go use another bathroom if I knew someone on my floor was sick! lol. The best thing to do would be for you to wash your hands before touching your face or putting anything into your mouth. I'd also get some clorox wipes and wipe down any surfaces she may have touched. You will be fine, I promise!

Thanks. I just wish I knew what was wrong with her. It's kind of a weird set of symptoms. She said she's expecting Aunt Flo, and has this cough thing, so I don't know if they're related or not. I just wish I knew. Hopefully she's right about the one and done thing.

Ugh I know that's the worst. How long has it been since that happened? If it's been a while you're probably in the clear!

She threw up once probably around 10 or 10:30est.

Hmm well fingers crossed she's actually done. :/ In the mean time, I think you should try to relax by listening to some calm music before bed. That always helped me if I knew people were sick. Absolute worst case, do you have another friend you could stay with if she is actually sick?

I wish I did but I don't have anywhere else to go. I'm so hoping she's done. Fingers crossed that her stomach not bothering her is a good sign. My boyfriend is dead set on it being food related and not a sv*.

Well it's morning and she didn't v* last night while we were sleeping. Also she ate a few skittles around 5 am when we were both up and couldn't sleep. I had a terrible night of sleep Thanks to my anxiety which is actually worse now than it was last night. My mom seems to think that since it was only once that makes it not contagious or related to her cough and fever. The v* was so random and I think that's what's freaked me out so much. I just wish I knew if she was contagious or not.

I lived in dorms for 2 years and shared a room with 3 others and a bathroom with about 50 girls and never got sick. I washed my hands a normal amount. I wasn't even really emet or germaphobic then so my hygeine was pretty sparse. you should be fine.

She could have just coughed so hard she v*. If it was only once and she has a cough I don't think SV, either way just wash your hands and wipe down your dorm room, you'll be fine