Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Exposed to v*

Default Exposed to v*

I work as a nanny part time and look after two children, one who is two and one who is four. Today the two year old v*. I've only worked at the job for about a month so this is a first for me.

The girl had eaten a lot that afternoon (jacket potato, semolina, egg cheese and hash brown muffin, bowl of pasta, passion fruit, strawberries, yogurt and a half, and then a glass of warm milk which their mum encouraged her to drink quickly). She was totally fine up until it happened - one minute she was drinking the milk, then I put her on the bed to change her nappy and she was wriggling around giggling, then suddenly she v*. All it was was milk/yogurt - what she had just eaten really. The mum took over instantly, whilst I grabbed a towel. I quickly helped the dad strip the bed (was about a metre was the v*). I was hovering near the mum cleaning her up seeing if she was okay. I took the PJ's away she was due to put on which had a bit of v* on it. I washed my hands well and then I headed home (was going to babysit for them but they decided not to go out). The girl was fine, laughing and herself. The mum said it was unusual for her to be s* but thought she had eaten too much. When I got home I washed my hands again.

Does this sound like a bug and also because I was stood watching over her when she was first v*, am I more likely to get it?

Very upset about the whole thing. She's okay now I think...

Default Re: Exposed to v*

Sounds like to me it was because of everything she ate. Usually from my experience when they are sick they are more than once. If she had all of that food and then had to drink the milk fast it probably upset her. I bet you will be fine. You did the right thing.

oh I am sure it was the food!

Wow that's a lot of food! I had a similar situation a couple of months ago where my 2 year old ate a lot of picnic tea then asked for her bottle, guzzled it down then v'ed it all back up again! It was just the one episode and then she was fine.

Thanks guys for your support. I don't know how she's been this weekend - I want to check for her sake as well as mine but am scared to! I'm sat at home on a Saturday night fretting about it all. Didn't help that this morning when I left for my other job, I saw v* on two separate occasions in the street. Makes me feel like it's an omen, anyone else get like that?

I go through stages where I seem to encounter v everywhere I go! Call the girls parents to see how she is, at least you will know one way or the other. You will most probably find you are fretting over nothing, I bet she's fine now. That way you can have a nice stress free day tomorrow!

If she turns round and says, 'yes she puked all night and also my four year old has it' I think I will just about die! Wish I could know for sure it's okay

Sounds like it was from way too much food, and then milk on top of it. I was at my friend's house and her son had a huge dinner and then a big bottle and fell asleep on the couch. 10 minutes later he v* everywhere and then was totally fine.

How come adults don't it when we are really full/eaten too much?

Some do lol. I have several friends who do. One friend ate so much at Red Lobster she had to stop 4 times on the way home. Another friend ate too much sushi and forgot that rice expands in your stomach, and then two other friends ate waaaay too much fast food, plus milk shakes and v* it all up. I was present for all of these hahaha. The only one that was really not in control was the one who ate too much red lobster. But as soon as she had gotten it all out of her she went home and ate brownies.

The honest truth about the reason kids do it is their little stomach valves and sphincters aren't fully developed yet. It's why babies spit up, and then as they get older it gets better and better. Did you call to see how the kids were doing or did you take the "ignorance is bliss" road?

Wow! Thanks for explaining all of that, I just didn't know any of that! Feel much calmer now, thank you for going to the trouble of explaining it all. I took the ignorance is bliss road. I'll ask in a week when the risk is over haha!

Haha I took the ignorance is bliss road the other day. My cousins 8 year old daughter was at my house jumping on the trampoline and suddenly got off saying her stomach hurt. Most would just assume its from the trampoline but not me I automatically assume the worst. They stayed another 45 min or so and nothing happened. Yesterday my cousin brought her daughter and pup to play at the park with us and my cousin said she hadn't been feeling well, I didn't press the issue too much as I assume she wouldn't have been at the park if she had been up v* all night. She has a 4 month old as well so I'm choosing to assume its from lack of sleep

Don't blame you. I think I would only want to check if I started feeling n*, even if it was just probably anxiety-induced.

The other night my 3 year old was running around like a mad man, playing hide and go seek with my mom. He had just eaten a pretty big dinner about an hour previous and a cupcake and then milk. My son has a history of reflux, but it hasnt been bad since he was a baby. But while running around...he spit up. It was on his feet and shirt and floor. I panicked slightly...but rememberd it was probably from running around with a full belly/refluxy.
    I cleaned it up with clorox and washed him up and gave him a new shirt. My mom made him sit still to read a book. He was fine the rest of the night. I handled it better than I anticipated, but again, after awhile I realized he wasnt sick..sick.
    UGHH...this fear.