Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: New to the site

Default New to the site

Hi I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Kara and I have been dealing with this fear for close
    To ten years. It is getting completely unbearable and I need some
    Support! I have rally bad anxiety attacks and it is all geared around v*. I also have a two year old and a three
    Month old and I can not even fathom the day either of them get sick. Whenever my two year old is sad or whiney or not acting her normal self
    I instantly freak out and ask her if her belly hurts and if she says yes, (which is often cause she doesn't really know what I am asking lol) I freak out. Anyway just want to know some of your coping mechanisms. The only things I have that help are the zofran I live on and Ativan. Also any kind of mint tea.

Default Re: New to the site

Welcome to the site. You will definitely find a lot of support here. I have had this phobia for 22 years off and on. And have dealt with anxiety even longer. I will be 40 next year. I have also been on Ativan off and on since I was 19. Like you I have the worse time when my little girl wakes up crying. It puts me into a panic instantly. So far I have been really fortunate because the times she has had an sv my husband has been able to stay home and csre for her while I hide. He is very supportive and understanding. I go through a lot of guilt because I feel as a Mom it should be me doing it all. Normally I do a lot of prsying and find things to occupy my mind. Sometimes I will wake up panicked and then I watch the Christian tv station or maybe a comedy. Something that makes me feel good. And can help me relax. I also do a lot of self talk to calm myself. It may take some time but it helps me. Other than that everyone around me knows my phobia and supports me. They may not understand it and I dont expect them to. I dont understand why I have this phobia. But they support and love me. When I go places lime restraunts I like to sit on the outside if we are in a booth. I have claustrophobia too. But its a way for me to make an exit easily to the car if panic comes on.